Complaint Review: Leo Shades

• Updated: Tue, July 30, 2013

• Reported By: isushman — Los Angeles California
Leo Shades
10920 Victory Blvd. #313 N. Hollywood, California USA

Leo Shades http://leoshades.com/ Leo Duvati Free Sunglasses offer not Free - Deceptive N. Hollywood California

*Author of original report: Update on Leo Shades

*UPDATE Employee: Leoshades.com Management Response

Add states in bold letters on Home Page:

Try our new line of sunglasses at $0, just pay shipping.

After order shipping cost of 7.99 is billed and sunglasses were shipped. No packing slip, invoice, or receipt was included in my shipment. Only a form letter with a Toll Free number and an e-mail address as contact information. Their web site has no business address of any kind.

14 days later another $95 is billed. Did not know this when I ordered. Sunglasses are not worth anywhere near the $95 billed.

Tried to return item for credit/refund by calling customer service number and was my request was refused. The number I called was a call center and not a part of Leo Shades. I sas told to send and email to support@leoshades.com if I wanted to requeast a return authorization and credit/refund.

Checked website and found fine print on order page stating I would only have 14 days to try the sunglasses, after that I would be billed $95 and enrolled in a monthly buying club of some sort where additional items would be shipped to me and billed to my Credit Card. I cancelled the membership, but was not allowed to return the item. No address or phone number was given, only an e-mail address - support@leoshades.com.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/30/2013 02:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Leo-Shades/N-Hollywood-California-91606/Leo-Shades-httpleoshadescom-Leo-Duvati-Free-Sunglasses-offer-not-Free-Deceptive-N-1071447. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Leo Shades

Update on Leo Shades

AUTHOR: isushman - ()

Finally got a refund by requesting a refund via email. I still think the third party call center should be able to process a refund. and the web site should give more information on the first page the terms of the transaction, how much I would be charged, when the 14 day offer expired, etc.

Leoshades.com Management Response

AUTHOR: Senior Management - ()

Your consumer complaint regarding an order placed with "www.leoshades.com" that offers sunglasses on a 14 day trial period has been brought to our attention.  We apologize that you did not have a pleasant experience with Leoshades.com

We encourage our customers to read and agree to the terms and conditions as clearly stated on the order page prior to placing an order.  Please feel free to visit Leoshades.com.

However, we also do not like to report unhappy customers.  Please let us know if your issue was resolved. Email us at billing@leoshades.com and include your full name and zip code.  We will gladly issue a full refund (if not processed already) if you were unhappy with the product you received.  Again, we apologize for not meeting your expectations.

We look forward to hearing from you.

-Leo Shades Management