Complaint Review: Leopold M Donchield

• Submitted: Sat, April 28, 2012
  • Updated: Sat, April 28, 2012

• Reported By: M. Lin — Brussels Other Belgium
Leopold M Donchield

Leopold M Donchield Leopold-Maximilian Donchield Pretended to own an apartment to which he had access and it used to defraud me of a rental deposit, Internet

*Author of original report: Information requested by ChloeM

*Consumer Suggestion: Apologies to Prince Leopold Donchield Zu Leone

*Author of original report: Reply to Prince Donchield - stop your scams and get a job

*Consumer Comment: Apologies to Prince Leopold Donchield Zu Leone

*Author of original report: My answer to 'Marie Pascal'

*Consumer Suggestion: Apologies to Prince Leopold Donchield Zu Leone

*Consumer Comment: False and Wrong accusations against Prince Donchield Zu Leone

*Consumer Comment: Wrong and false accusations against Prince Leopold

*General Comment: Regarding Leopold M Donchield

*Author of original report: He is now trying to commit more frauds and scams as HSH Prince Leopold Donchield Zu Leone II

While looking for an apartment I responded to an ad placed by Leopold Donchield on www.expatriates.com for the rental of an apartment at 50 Rue du Magistrat, Brussels.

After exchanging emails and phone calls with him, I visited the apartment on March 3, then went back on March 7th to sign a 12-month lease. The next day, I paid a security deposit and the first month's rent  into his account. Unfortunately, there was nothing to indicate that he was not the owner.

The lease started on April 25; however, I am now unable to get in touch with Mr. Donchield: my phone messages and emails are unanswered. I went back to the apartment after it sunk in that I had been cheated; his name is no longer on the mailbox and no one answered the doorbell.

From a internet search, I have since found  some information that would have given me pause if I was aware of it earlier.  He purports to be a Cambridge educated independent financier who does business using various emails:

leopold@lmdonchield.com <leopold@lmdonchield.com>
prospectus@lmdonchield.com <prospectus@lmdonchield.com>
villa@lmdonchield.com <villa@lmdonchield.com>
Chambre Louer <chambrelouise@hotmail.com>

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/28/2012 02:23 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Leopold-M-Donchield/internet/Leopold-M-Donchield-Leopold-Maximilian-Donchield-Pretended-to-own-an-apartment-to-which-he-875140. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Leopold M Donchield

Information requested by ChloeM

AUTHOR: M. Lin - ()

Several complaints were filed in Brussels for apartment fraud committed by Leopold Donchield, including:

ZP BRUXELLES CAPITALE IXELLES

Rue du Marche au Charbon 30

1000 Bruxelles

Tel: 02/279.79 79

Fax: 02/279.79.70

PV number: BR..LL.0539999/2012 dd

Trial number: BR..43.L7.2351-12

Named Donchield Leopold - fraud and attempted fraud between 01.06.2011 and 30.04.2012

7th February, postponed to March 7

Justitiepaleis

Poelaertplein

1000 Brussel

Entry number: BR 20.LL.105672-11

Judgement No: 2614/13 of 11 April 2013

Judgement: 18 months imprisonment, court costs and fines, compensation to victims

Justitiehuis

Regentschapstraat 63, 2e

1000 Brussel

Tel: 02 557 76 11

Fax: 02 557 76 44

justitiehuis.brussel@just.fgov.be

Dear Mavis ,

My suggestion was to try to assist you for a refund from Mr Victor Kamara and at the same time clear Leopold from the involvement. However it appears you dont trust my intentions to assist and the facts of the stolen/used identities.

I am not a solicitor nor an NGO chief, I am an NGO worker happen to have been working in Sierra Leone and have met with the person Prince Leopold Donchield Zu Leone whose identity/name wrongly been used in the rental transaction by his relative ( cousin) Victor Kamara.

It is up to the solicitor Jacquard Dubois and his client Mr Victor Kamara to contact the courts and present whatever ID/names they chose, I cant influence what decsison the solicitor monsieur Dubois shall make on behalf of his client(s).

I just simply thought I could help by arranging for you to get a refund from Mr Kamara and share some facts you apparently has not been aware of.

Reason why I mentioned the Sierra Leonean embassy is because one of their citizens has wronlgy been implicated by name in this rental transaction due to stolen/made up identity documents.

If you want me to assist you to get an installement refund of your rental amount from Mr Kamara feel free to contact me via email, that is what I can offer to do.

Marie P

#4 Consumer Suggestion

Reply to Prince Donchield - stop your scams and get a job

AUTHOR: M. L - ()

You can continue to pretend that you are an NGO chief or a solicitor - scams are what you are good at.  However, the idea that I  should send you additional information that you can use to perpetuate another fraud or that I should consider your stupid remarks about African embassies is ridiculous. If there was any truth to your story, you or your solicitor would have contacted the Justitiepalais as I advised.  It is the Belgian courts that you need to contact about serving your sentence and repaying the monies that you obtained fraudently and they know you as Leopold Maximilian Donchield. You must clear your name with them - if you can.

Why are you dealing with the Sierra Leonan embassy?  When you committed fraud and forgery in Sweden you had passports for both Sierra Leone and Liberia.  I should also be referring to you as Gabriel Lundgren at this point.  This is the name you used to commit crimes in Sweden. for which you accepted a sentence of two and a half years in prison.  To refresh your memory:

(((link redacted)))

I wish you (or your lookalike cousin) will also accept your new Belgian prison sentence.  I must also mention your convictions in the UK to warn others not to make the mistake I did: when you are renting an apartment, demand proof of ownership.

#6 Consumer Suggestion

Dear Mavis,

How much was the  amount of rent you paid for the appartement to Victor Kamara ?

Please reply via email

Because it is a case of mistaken/stolen identity, I will also speak with the Sierra Leonean embassy NOT to press charges against you for libel on internet on behalf of Prince Donchield Zu Leone.

I wait for your response regarding amount of rent paid to Mr Kamara, after I will contact monsieur Dubois to arrange an agreement for you to sign regarding the repayment  from Mr Kamara.

In the meantime it would be good if you did not made any postings on the internet and deleted your other postings, and I will try my very best to assist so you in getting back your rental amount, it might take some time but it is possible.

Merci/thank you

Dear Mavis,

I spoke to the solicitor monsieur Dubois this afternoon regarding Mr Victor Kamara, the man involved in your apartment rental. Monsieur Dubois is prepared to try to make Mr Victor Kamara to sign up to an instalment repayment plan in your case.

Please reply via email to me :(((ROR redacted)))

Because it is a case of mistaken/stolen identity, I will also speak with the Sierra Leonean embassy NOT to press charges against you for libel on internet on behalf of Prince Donchield Zu Leone.

In the meantime it would be good if you did not made any postings on the internet and deleted your other postings, and I will try my very best to assist you in getting back your rental amount, it might take some time but it is possible.

Merci/thank you

Marie

My answer to 'Marie Pascal'

Hello,

I have just read the comments which you and your 'solicitor' friend posted in response to my statement about being scammed by Leopold M Donchield.  It is unfortunate that you did not reply to the statements/inquiries/complaints I made online a year ago when this happened.  Please note these points:

1) This is the name of the individual who was recently sentenced (in absentia, unfortunately) to 18 months in prison for an apartment rental scam that he perpetuated in Brussels.

2) This is the person into whose account I paid two month's rent for an apartment he turned out not to own.  I incurred other costs which I proved in the case against this person and which the court has recognized.

3) So his victims are now to believe that it is a doppelganger/cousin who is perpetuating crimes using his name!  And that this clever, gifted, do-gooder gentleman Prince, who happens to have important solicitor and NGO contacts in Brussels, allowed this unknown person to use his passport, other identification, bank account details, email addresses, etc. to commit crimes in his name over a long time period.  This would be after the fraudster, who claims to be a Swedish national by adoption, somehow found his way to Africa to 'steal' all of these important documents from his princely cousin's guarded palace.  A likely story, but no concern of mine.  I simply want the culprit to be found, return my money, and pay for his crimes - in that order.

4) If you know anything that will help the cause of justice and prove the your friend's innocence, I would very much like to know - and so will the courts: contact Justitiepalais, Poelaertplein, 1000 Brussel; the case reference is BR.43.1.7.2351-12.

#9 Consumer Suggestion

Hey M.Lin,

My name is Marie Pascal, I know monsieur Jacquard Dubois ( the solicitor/lawyer). I agree with Jacqauard that you M.Lin should try to resolve your rental issue with Mr Victor Kamara.

You can contact either me or Jacquard directly as we have been in contact with the Sierra Leonean embassy in Bruxelles and they also think it is good if you contacted Jacquard and he can help you to solve your problem with Mr Viktor Kamara.

It is also important that you realize that Prince Leopold Donchield Zu Leone is not to be blamed for your rental transaction but it is his cousin Mr Victor Kamara as we know now.

I have actually met Prince Leopold Donchield Zu Leone when I was working for an NGO in Freetown ( capital of Sierra Leone), and I can assure you/ garantie you that HSH Prince Leopold Donchield Zu Leone is one of the most genuine, hard working young people I ever met, he is determined to help his country and make Sierra Leone a better country from his position.

Therefore I will here apolgize in advance to HSH Prince Leopold Donchield Zu Leone II, and express how truly sorry I am for Prince Leopold Donchield Zu Leone to have by mistake been named in this rental transaction between you and his cousin Mr Victor Kamara

M.Lin you are welcome to contact me via email marie.pascal@outlook.com or Jacquard to help resolve your rental transaction.

Many thanks/ merci bien

#10 Consumer Suggestion

Hey,

My name is Marie Pascal, I know monsieur Dubois ( Jacqaurd Dubios), and I totally agree that you M. Lin need to make an apology to Prince Donchield Zu Leone, it is NOT his fault that his cousin Mr Victor Kamara have been using his identity, many people do take on other pepole's identities for different reasons.

Most important I would say after talking with Jacquard is that you try to resolve your rental issue ( deposit) with Mr Victor Kamara. I am sorry that you lost your rental deposit but to be fair you should NOT accuse the wrong person for it. Prince Leopold Donchield Zu Leone is totally innocent in this, you should have tried to find correct facts before start to accuse wrong people for things. I have met Prince Leopold Donchield Zu Leone when I was working for an NGO in Sierra Leone, and I can assure you that he is one of the most genuine young people I ever met when working in Sierra Leone , and he is very valuable for his country.

You can contact monsieur Dubois or myself as we both been in contact with the Sierra Leonean embassy here in Bruxelles, and they want to resolve this thing between you and Mr Victor Kamara.

Hope we can help to make things ok for you, and once again we will apologies in advance  to Prince Leopold Donchield Zu Leone

Many thanks/Merci bien

Marie/ Jacquard

marie.pascal@outlook.com

False and Wrong accusations against Prince Donchield Zu Leone

AUTHOR: Jacquard - ()

I am a solicitor working in Bruxelles. I have been aware of the apartment rental case and the false and wrong suggestions that HSH Prince Leopold Donchield Zu Leone II of Sierra Leone should have been involved.

HSH Prince Leopold Donchield Zu Leone II has NEVER even been in Bruxelles, and has NEVER been involved in the suggested rental transactions.

The person who appears to have been involved is a cousin of Prince Leopold who been using Leopold's name and possible allso some ID for travelling in Europe

From photos I can see they look very similar, however it is simply NOT the same person.

The belgian authorities has the fingerprint of his cousin, and for your knowledge the real name of his cousin is Victor Kamara.

I have been in contact with Victor Kamara regarding the case and there is a way to solve your problem if you want. You can contact me over skype if you like: jacquard.dubois

I have also been in contact with the Sierra Leonean embassy in Bruxelles who advised that you make contact with me as soon as possible to resolve your issue with Victor Kamara

and perhaps allso post an apology for the misunderstanding to Prince Donchield Zu Leone

Merci/Thank you

Wrong and false accusations against Prince Leopold

AUTHOR: Jacquard - ()

Dear Author(s)

I am a solicitor working in Bruxelles. I have been aware of the apartment rental case and the wrong and false accusations that HSH Prince Leopold Donchield Zu Leone II of Sierra Leone should have been involved.

Merci/Thank you

Jacquard Dubois

Skype: jacquard.dubois

#13 General Comment

Regarding Leopold M Donchield

AUTHOR: ChloeM - ()

I read about your experience with Leopold M Donchield, who claimed to be the owner of an apartment in Brussels. I have been in contact with this guy too, but thankfully I avoided his scams. Where can I read about this scam? How do you know about that he was sentenced to serve 18 months in prison? Please reply!

AUTHOR: M. Lin - ()

This guy is obviously a work-shy sociopath.  He now has blogs and Facebook pages claiming that he is an African prince who owns an airline in Sierra Leone.  In the meantime, he was recently sentenced to serve 18 months in prison in Brussels, Belgium for his apartment rental scam of last year.  If anyone knows of his whereabouts, please reply.