Complaint Review: Les Schwab Tire Center

• Updated: Mon, November 18, 2013

• Reported By: Erik — Los Molinos California
Les Schwab Tire Center
522 Antelope Blvd. Red Bluff, CA. , Select State/Province USA

Les Schwab Tire Center Unethical, inept and beyond belief!!! Red Bluff, California

I'll make a long story short. I went to the Les Schwab store in Red Bluff, CA., knowing that I had a break problem. After having waited in their lobby for over an hour, they took my car in the back and did their so called inspection of the brakes. They then brought the car back around a few minutes later saying that my brakes were fine (they also put that in writing in their inspection report). I asked about the metal on metal sound when I stepped on the brakes. They had the audacity to tell me it was brake dust and they had cleaned out the rear drums and all is well with my brakes. Pulling out of the parking lot and pressing on the brake, I heard that metal on metal / grinding sound. so I took my car to another mechanic who had a hell of a time getting the rear drums off to actually inspect the breaks because Les Schwab never took the drum off to inspect them and sure enough, I desperately needed rear brakes.  They conveyed to me that there was no problem and put it in writing without having inspected them. My attorney said it's too bad that I didn't run over grandma afterwards because they would be paying me millions. I'm just shocked and angered the they would fabricate an inspection report. From a safety standpoint this is highly unethical

and irresponsible. All I can figure is it that they were very busy selling tires and they simply didn't want to be bothered with replacing my brakes. Avoid them at all costs! Your life may depend on it.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/18/2013 08:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Les-Schwab-Tire-Center/Select-StateProvince/Les-Schwab-Tire-Center-Unethical-inept-and-beyond-belief-Red-Bluff-California-1100461. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Les Schwab Tire Center