Complaint Review: Les Schwab Tire Center,

• Submitted: Wed, December 17, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, December 17, 2008

• Reported By:The Dalles Oregon
Les Schwab Tire Center,
Hwy 30, The Dalles, Oregon U.S.A.

Les Schwab Tire Center, The Dalles, Oregon Ripped Off and Lied to The Dalles Oregon

Took my vehicle to have it aligned. After some time, a manager approached me as told me the ball joint spacer was being difficult to remove and it may take a while. He gave the option of coming back later or staying. No choice but to stay and wait.

Not a couple of minutes pass before the same manager came back and said they could not remove the ball joint and suggested I bring it back later. I thought if they can't do it now, what's going to change such that they can do it later. I said no, I needed it done now (I had scheduled an appointment the week prior). Then the story changed to threatening to charge me $90/hr to do the work (I had been given a firm quote of $154+/- a couple of dollars). I refused and told them to put it back together and I'd go elsewhere.

When getting my keys, I specifically asked if my vehicle was in any worse condition now than when I brought it in. The manager clearly stated it wasn't. Two days later I was able to get my vehicle into a good shop. The mechanic quickly drew my attention to the destroyed ball joint bushing. Lew Schwab destroyed the ball joint bushing trying to get it out (probably not using the correct tools or a lack of knowledge, or both). In fact, you could easily see where Les Schwab damaged the threads of the ball joint from using a chisel. The manager not only lied to me and tried to charge me for their mistake, but he happily sent me down the road in an unsafe vehicle. I guess the two booster seats in the vehicle weighed little on their minds. For my time, I got the bum's rush and a damaged vehicle. I've had other issues with Les Schwab over the years, but this bald face lying is the last straw. Never again.

Po'd customer
The Dalles, Oregon

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/17/2008 08:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Les-Schwab-Tire-Center/The-Dalles-Oregon/Les-Schwab-Tire-Center-The-Dalles-Oregon-Ripped-Off-and-Lied-to-The-Dalles-Oregon-402566. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Les Schwab Tire Center,