Complaint Review: Les Schwab Tire Co

• Submitted: Fri, July 18, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, July 18, 2008

• Reported By:Keizer Oregon
Les Schwab Tire Co
3030 River Rd N Keizer, Oregon U.S.A.

Les Schwab Tire Co Unfair Collection Practices/Fraudulant Co-Signer Acceptance Keizer Oregon

My son purchased a set of $300.00 tires for his truck from Les Schwab. He filled out a credit application. He was surprisingly approved for the $300.00 and the next thing we know, my husband is getting a bill. We ignored it because we thought it was a mistake. I called them and they said my husband was listed as a co-signer on the account. I said no, did you check ID or ask for any other authorization and they said no. The next thing I know we get a judgment from small claims.

Finally, after all the grief I called them and went down to pay the bill and clear up the co-signer mix-up. They didn't want to talk about it, or show me anything. I paid the bill and the girl said it was paid in full. The next piece of mail I get from the small claims is that my husband has a judgment against him. I called the courthouse and they said I have to pay the credit collection agency. I called them and ended up paying another $360.00 for court filing fees and the like.

I called Les Schwab back and the manager said they made a mistake when they took my money but they tried to call me and let me know I owed more money. So, I am filing against them in small claims court for the entire amount. We are trying to buy a house and it came up on my husbands' credit report that he has an unpaid judgment. The lady at the collection agency said they would not report it. They are all LIARS. So essentially, we ended up paying $686.00 for a $300.00 set of tires and have been turned down for loans.

When you pay in full, it means IN FULL. Whether Les Schwab has they're ducks in a row is of no consequence to me. They admitted error and refuse to do anything about it so I am letting the world know what a burn they really are. They also advocate IDENTITY Fraud.

Lisa
Keizer, Oregon

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/18/2008 11:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Les-Schwab-Tire-Co/Keizer-Oregon-97303/Les-Schwab-Tire-Co-Unfair-Collection-PracticesFraudulant-Co-Signer-Acceptance-Keizer-Oreg-352795. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Les Schwab Tire Co