Complaint Review: Les Schwab Tire Company

• Submitted: Wed, July 08, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, July 08, 2009

• Reported By:oakley California
Les Schwab Tire Company
89 Carol Lane Oakley, California U.S.A.

Les Schwab Tire Company What happened to the Les Schwab I used to be able to trust? Wheel Alilgnment Rip Off, I have proof! Oakley California

On May 7th, I took my car into Les Schwab to buy tires and get an alignment. The results showed the rear end of my car to be extremely out of alignment and they could not align the rear without a Camber Kit, which would cost extra and had to be ordered.

We tried explaining to the manager that in order for their machine to be accurate, my car would have to have been hit or something. Moreover. there should have been severe damage to the rear tires.

The manger was adamant that the results of their alignment machine were correct. The only options Les Schwab offered us were to either order the Kit, or align just the front end. So because of the tires I bought, I opted to have them align just the front end.

Then, I got a second opinion. Their results from the 2nd shop were very different. Not only were they able to align the rear without a Camber Kit, they found the right front toe and caster out of specs., therefore making it necessary for the 2nd shop do a 4 wheel alignment.

We went back to Les Schwab and the manager had an and so attitude, but he didn't seem surprised. In fact, the manager said that he thought their machine need calibration and he told the tech that. Then the manager wanted to know why we didn't come back to them to do the rear alignment.

So the obvious question here is, if Les Schwab was aware that their machine might be faulty, why did they only admit it after we showed them the results from the other shop?

We asked for a refund because the 2nd shop had to re-align the front, but they refused.

The bottom line, I trusted Les Schwab and they took advantage of that trust and tried to make an extra buck.

oakley, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/08/2009 11:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Les-Schwab-Tire-Company/Oakley-California-94561/Les-Schwab-Tire-Company-What-happened-to-the-Les-Schwab-I-used-to-be-able-to-trust-Wheel-467681. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Les Schwab Tire Company