Complaint Review: Les Schwab

• Submitted: Tue, September 09, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, September 09, 2008

• Reported By:Tacoma Washington
Les Schwab
7424 Pacific AV Tacoma, Washington U.S.A.

Les Schwab Beware of apparent scam - in their word "we have lots of contaminations" Tacoma Washington

I took my truck to the Tacoma Les Schwab because my brakes started grinding. I received a call the following day saying I had an oil contamination in my brake line and it would cost me $1500 plus to get it fixed. When I questioned the employee he told me that the contamination was based on the fact the rubber "O" ring in the Master Cylinder cap was bad. I asked him if he had pulled my tires and drums to verify the damage to the system and he said no. I am a girl but I am not an idiot. I told him I would call him back. I talked to several different mechanics that though it can happen a brake line contamination is pretty rare. When I went pick up my truck, the employee me told me if I took it anyway where else I would be told the same thing. The front desk clerk confirmed that they do have a lot of contaminations in that store and that the mechanic was "seasoned" so she trusted his opinion. Come to find out one of the brake shoe retainer pins ( which holds the shoes to the wheel ) had broke and that was causing the grinding. The Les Schwab mechanic would have figured that out if he had pulled the drum because the spring fell out into his lap. $100 later my truck was in fine working condition. **SO BEWARE** stay clear of that store cause they seem to have very expensive frequent contamination problems. It wil probably save you a chunk of change.

Tacoma, Washington

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/09/2008 08:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Les-Schwab/Tacoma-Washington-98408/Les-Schwab-Beware-of-apparent-scam-in-their-word-we-have-lots-of-contaminations-Tacoma-371450. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Les Schwab