Complaint Review: Les Schwab

• Submitted: Thu, September 18, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, September 18, 2008

• Reported By:Live Oak California
Les Schwab
1481 Bridge St Yuba City, California U.S.A.
  • Phone: 530-671-4310
  • Web:
  • Category: Mechanics

Les Schwab "New" Problem after tires and struts replaced - no Customer service Yuba City California

I brought my 98 Toyota Camry in to replace all four tires and struts. I also had a rattle in the passenger side strut support I was tired of hearing, so I wanted that fixed too.

I have a faulty brake light indicator for several years, so the brake light is usually on.

$1,500 later when I picked up my car from Les Schwab after getting the tires and struts replaced, both the ABS system light and the brake indicator light would not go off. I didn't even leave the parking lot and went back in to say the ABS light won't go off. They claimed the two lights can be related - and they wanted to charge me $85/hr to diagnose why the ABS light won't go off. They would not even look at the problem without agreeing to pay the $85/hr.

They claimed the ABS light was on when they received the car. The car has three regular drivers that say otherwise. I had the car smogged recently, and other work was noted - but not the ABS light.

It's their word against ours - and they refuse to diagnose the problem without charging more. Why should I pay for something I think their work caused?

Michael
Live Oak, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/18/2008 09:04 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Les-Schwab/Yuba-City-California-95993/Les-Schwab-New-Problem-after-tires-and-struts-replaced-no-Customer-service-Yuba-City-C-374079. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Les Schwab