Complaint Review: Les schwab

• Reported By: Gus — United States of America
Les schwab
Commerce drive Haydn, Idaho United States of America

Les schwab Tried to scam me on brake job Haydn , Idaho

Took older honda accord into Les Schwab to get a rear tire leak fixed. Wife had purchased tires from Schwab so repair was going to be free. After my fix was told my rear brakes needed to be changed.

I told them no thanks would do the work myself. Was then informed my car was unsafe to drive and they could not let me leave in it. I received an estimate from them and then left against their advice.

Upon my arrival home wife advised me she had brakes done there earlier. I found old receipt and headed back. Store was not busy and another mechanic met me. I showed them my old receipt and my car went right on to the lift.

The mechanic came out a few minutes later telling me my brakes were better than half and did not need to be changed yet. Humm. I pulled out my estimate given me earlier stating the work needed to be done and the unsafe condition I was in.

The first mechanic was brought in to explain. But because it was in writing he could not talk his way out of it. He tried to change his story that they were getting thin and would soon need changed.

I felt they were trying to cheat me. I made them put on new pads because of what was first told to me. Be careful when items you did not come in for are forced upon you.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/02/2012 08:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Les-schwab/Haydn-Idaho-83854/Les-schwab-Tried-to-scam-me-on-brake-job-Haydn-Idaho-892282. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Les schwab