Complaint Review: Let's Talk.com

• Submitted: Sat, December 23, 2006
  • Updated: Sat, December 23, 2006

• Reported By:Tucson Arizona
Let's Talk.com
1111 West North Carrier Parkway, Suite 400 Grand Prairie, Texas U.S.A.

Let's Talk.com Rip off, dishonest billing, unauthorized charges after order cancellation Grand Prairie Texas

I ordered a cell phone/service through them on Sunday, 12/17. I was told I would receive my free blackberry no later than Friday and that my service with T-mobile was all set.

I called Friday when I did not receive it. They said I failed to return the terms and conditions. Turns out they had the wrong email address. So they sent a new one, I read it CAREFULLY and it said nothing about charges.

Turns out the email they sent me said I would be charged $300 for the equipment which was supposed to be free, so I called to let them know there was a mistake and my phone was free. They informed that no it wasn't. Nevertheless, I put up a stink and I finally talked to Jennifer, a supervisor who said someone would call me and get on the phone with my bank to reverse the authorization.

After spending well over an hour on the phone, the charges were reversed, and I checked my bank balance to make sure. At the close of the phone call with the rep from letstalk.com, she asked if I wanted another phone, or just cancel the order.

I told her to cancel the order. It is two days to Christmas, and I can't afford to give all my money to a phone I don't even know will give me service. I told her I would call back and re-do an order if I wanted to.

They waited until the close of business on Friday, December 22nd to re-submit the charge, even though I just had it reversed and cancelled my order. It is now the day before Christmas, they have stolen all of my money out of my bank account and I was supposed to move to San Diego on Tuesday (after a year long fight with cancer) for law school (finally).

I now have about $15 in my bank account, and my bank can't/won't do anything about it until they can talk to the merchant on Tuesday. So now, I'm at home alone on christmas, without even money to eat, and I can't get ahold of Let's Talk and my bank won't do anything.

LET'S TALK.COM ARE THEIVES AND THEY WILL STEAL YOUR MONEY, THEN PRETEND TO GIVE IT BACK TO YOU AND THEN STEAL IT AGAIN.

Allison
Tucson, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/23/2006 07:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Lets-Talkcom/Grand-Prairie-Texas-75050/Lets-Talkcom-Rip-off-dishonest-billing-unauthorized-charges-after-order-cancellation-G-226985. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Let's Talk.com