Complaint Review: Lets talk

• Reported By:Boise Idaho
Lets talk
Letstalk.com Internet U.S.A.

Letstalk Poor service, fraudulent advertising, deceptive rebate ripoff Internet

I placed an order with LetsTalk.com by phone, since their website wasn't working. The order-taker assured my phone would be shipped right away, but after 4 days, I called to see why I hadn't received it, and they told me it was out of stock. They should have told me that when I ordered!

I had to re-order a different phone, and then I figured out that the only reason the original model was out of stock was that they didn't want to honor the deal because of an included Bluetooth headset - I guess it was too expensive for them.

Before I recieved the new phone, they cancelled service on my old phone, so I was unable to call anyone or receive calls for several days.

They didn't send a receipt until I called yet again to request it, and they didn't tell me how to get the promised rebate. When I figured out how to apply for the rebate, I also learned that I couldn't even submit for the rebate for almost 3 months. I guess they want to increase the chance that I'll lose something needed for the rebate or just forget to submit for it.

Andy
Boise, Idaho

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/26/2006 02:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Lets-talk/internet/Letstalk-Poor-service-fraudulent-advertising-deceptive-rebate-ripoff-Internet-173409. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Lets talk