Complaint Review: Letstalk & Ntelos

• Submitted: Thu, August 07, 2003
  • Updated: Thu, August 07, 2003

• Reported By:Newport News Virginia
Letstalk & Ntelos
1111 W North Carrier Pkwy, Ste. 400 Grand Praire, Texas U.S.A.

Letstalk & Ntelos False Advertisement ripoff waste of time Grand Praire Texas

The service plan (NTELOS Promotional 1100 Anytime Minutes Plan) I purchased through letstalk.com is advertised as having a national calling area. Letstalk.com clearly defines calling area as "where you can use your included minutes without incurring a roaming charges." However, ntelos, the business which I receive service from, says that if I leave out of the network where the companies "towers" are located, then I will incur a roaming charge. They only have these "towers" located in parts of Virginia and West Virginia. That certainly is NOT national. Yet, they admit to having advertised it as a national calling plan. They tell me that they have national service that I can switch my plan to. However, the fees for these services are exorbitant. I purchased this plan so that I could make affordable long distance calls from my college campus.

While it was advertised as having a national calling area, the service is limited to VA and WV. Even in their calling area the claim to provide, specifically Mary Washington College in Fredericksburg, I cannot get a good signal. This is not my primary complaint as many wireless service providers have poor signals in many areas. My complaint is that I was led to believe that I would be able to get decent service by roaming because it is a national plan, and I have free roaming in my "calling area," which was supposedly national. I have contacted both companies, ntelos and letstalk. The response from both companies was unsatisfactory. One customer representative said that the plan had free national long distance. I know what I read and have even returned to the website to clarify. The URL is:http:// www.letstalk.com/product/product.htm?depId=2&pgId=101&prId=24045. This would not be an issue, but I have signed a one year contract with Ntelos, through letstalk.com, because it was advertised as having a national calling area. This plan does not have a national calling area, and they have engaged in false advertisement.

Many people will be mislead, but it may not effect them. It will effect me because I don't live in the area that I purchased the phone from. Hence, the "national calling area."

I ordered the phone from letstalk.com, but ntelos engages in the same misleading practices.

Newport News, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/07/2003 03:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Letstalk-Ntelos/Grand-Praire-Texas-75050/Letstalk-Ntelos-False-Advertisement-ripoff-waste-of-time-Grand-Praire-Texas-65421. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Letstalk & Ntelos