Complaint Review: Lettering on The Cheap

• Updated: Wed, May 30, 2012

• Reported By: Lori — Longview Texas United States of America
Lettering on The Cheap
162 sw spencer ct lake city, Florida United States of America

Lettering on The Cheap letteringonthecheap.com make signs online lettering boat signs lake city, Florida

I placed and order with "Lettering on The Cheap" for a graphic for my boat.

Initially I was pleased with the service because the customer service rep. contacted me via email regarding my order to let me know that the image that I uploaded would not work.   I asked her to delete that order and refund my money to my Paypal account, which she did.  I explained that I would use a graphic provided by their website.

I designed a second order, using a graphic from their website (which was an additional $3) and submitted a second order.  I assumed that a graphic from their own website would be able to be produced correctly.

I let the same customer service rep know that I had sent in a second order and sent her a link to the design.  She informed me that this image would not work either and offered to convert it for a charge. [continued below]....

I declined stating that I did not wish to pay for the conversion and to please delete that order as well.  I followed up two days later asking her to verify that the order had been deleted and got no response.

A few days later I received the boat signs via UPS.  They were incorrect and my money was never refunded.  I then called the customer service rep and my call was not returned.  I called again and spoke to a different rep and the manager.

I sent her the email that detailed the conversation cancelling both orders.

The manager acknowledged that I did not intend to place both orders and that it was clearly a misunderstanding.  However would not refund my money.  She offered to fix the signs for an additional $30.  I explained that this was no longer cheap lettering as my total would now be $73.00.  She then offered to refund my money if I sent the signs back to them.

I was hapy to do this on my dime.  She followed up with an email stating the address that I could mail the signs to.  She also stated that they would be keeping $10, which she failed to mention on the phone.

I feel that this is stealing $10 from me and a terrible way to do business.  I will now be out $10 plus shipping plus my time over an order that they acknowledeged that I cancelled. I had every intention of re-submitting another order for the boat as well as getting lettering for some decorating that I am doing. However after the way this situation was handled, I will never use this company again.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/30/2012 10:38 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Lettering-on-The-Cheap/lake-city-Florida-32024/Lettering-on-The-Cheap-letteringonthecheapcom-make-signs-online-lettering-boat-signs-lake-890492. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Lettering on The Cheap