Complaint Review: Level Ten Web Hosting - Web Designs By Jeffrey - Webdesignsbyjeffrey - Jeffrey McCommas

• Submitted: Sun, August 03, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, August 20, 2008

• Reported By:New York City New York
148 Flower LN #3, MA Dracut, Massachusetts U.S.A.

Level Ten Web Hosting - Web Designs By Jeffrey - Webdesignsbyjeffrey - Leveltenhosting.com - Jeffrey McCommas - Steals from Customers Total Rip Off - Ripped Off - Ripoff Dracut Massachusetts

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Level Ten Hosting

webdesignsbyjeffrey / Jeffrey McCommas / leveltenhosting.com/ is a rip off.

The service is poor and has frequent downtime. The owner, Jeffrey McCommas says that 'Level Ten Web Hosting' has a 100% up-time guarantee, but this is a complete lie.

I made my expectations clear before I purchased the service, and I was reassured that the servers were reasonably fast, and the site would have 99% hardware uptime and 100% network uptime.

This quote is taken directly from the site: "100% network uptime guarantee, 99.9% hardware uptime guarantee"

I was forced to purchase 1 year of service in advance, and noticed once I had my site installed, the services were down more than 50% of the time, if not the majority of the time.

I complained and all I got were excuses.

I made the purchase with the understanding that I could cancel at any time within the first 30 days.

Quote (taken directly from the site):
"Try us out at No Risk and see how a fast, reliable..."

The "No Risk" part is a lie. When I asked to cancel, I was told that since I had access to some CRE loaded scripts on my site (which I did not want, or care to have anyway), he told me I could not have my money back.

When I complained about the poor service I was getting, Jeffrey McCommas told me I was incompetent and didn't know how to use the internet. Excuse me, but how can you incompetently load a browser page? He made no attempts to correct the issue, and simply continued personal attacks against me if I complained about his service. I've used many, many other hosts, and this is the worst experience I have ever had.

The connectivity even when the site is up is slow, with the FTP most of the time I would lose my connection while uploading even small files. The upload & download speed were ridiculously bad.

Don't buy from "Level Ten Web Hosting", it's a rip off--as I already mentioned, Jeffrey McCommas refused to give my money back, even though his site guaranteed a 30 day risk free trial. He's rude, he gives poor service and his servers are so slow, you wont be able to connect to your own site more than 50% of the time.

I'm guessing his business is a basement operation where he's hosting his servers in a house, without the proper connectivity or environment. He's overloading his servers with hundreds of shared plans, resulting in frequent down times, sluggish server speeds, and frequent outages.

I had a horrible experience with this company & I would not recommend them to anyone.

If he had simply refunded my money AS PROMISED BY HIS SITE I would not have filed this rip-off report. I would just forget this and move on, but my conscience wont allow me to let him rip off other innocent customers trying to find decent, honest webhosting.

Mike
New York City, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/03/2008 02:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Level-Ten-Web-Hosting-Web-Designs-By-Jeffrey-Webdesignsbyjeffrey-Jeffrey-McCommas/Dracut-Massachusetts-01826/Level-Ten-Web-Hosting-Web-Designs-By-Jeffrey-Webdesignsbyjeffrey-Leveltenhostingcom-358730. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Level Ten Web Hosting - Web Designs By Jeffrey - Webdesignsbyjeffrey - Jeffrey McCommas

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Level Ten Hosting

AUTHOR: Jeffrey - (U.S.A.)

Level Ten Hosting, LLC is a fully managed web hosting company with offices in Massachusetts, Arizona and Michigan with over 10,000 accounts on our servers. We have 28 employees which include sales, Level 3 Technicians and support staff. We are far from a single owner basement operation as described by this particular customer.

We at Level Ten Hosting (leveltenhosting.com) take pride in delivering 100% complete satisfaction to our hosting customers.

However, a small percentage of our clients cannot be satisfied no matter how hard and willing we are to accomodate there demands.

With this particular client, he was unable to differentiate a hosting provider from there own personal web designer.

In this case the client basically did not have enough skills and knowledge to operate an ecommerce website and was continuously uploading bad code to his website and the results were breaking his cart and functionality.

We offered advise on what to do to fix the problem but he just demanded it was the hosting companies fault and not his.

We exhausted every resource available including having us fix the problems for a fee involved for our labor to fix his problems. This customer refused to pay for the help which is not included in any of our hosting packages for free.

The result of this customers lack of skills to operate a website is the ridiculous complaint he files against us.

In summary, Level Ten Hosting specializes in Small Business eCommerce Hosting and we offer several low priced hosting packages and shopping cart applications.

We have technicians and programmers available to add different functionality to your store but just like every other web designer, there is s fee for this, or you can use our extensive knowledge base on frequently asked questions that solve almost all of the common questions that may arise.

Sincerely,