Complaint Review: Levitx Furniture

• Submitted: Wed, August 18, 2004
  • Updated: Wed, August 18, 2004

• Reported By:Syosset New York
Levitx Furniture
Westbury, NY Garden City, New York U.S.A.

Levitz Furniture ripoff Damamged furniture, out of stock and refuse to refund my money Garden City New York

My husband and ordered a 7 piece furniture set from Levitz (SEAMENS). This is the worst company to order from and hopefully this wont happen to anyone else. First off, our furniture was not delivered when they promised 7 months later it was delivered instead of the 2 days promised.

When it finally was delivered they sent us the wrong furniture (lamps and tables). They stated the "lamps and tables u ordered were not being manaufatured anymore" so we decided to send u a subsitute we thought u may like. My lamps and tables were close to 900.00 thse lamps and tables totaled 150.00 and were ugly cheap and plastic. They reused to take them back.

Finally after I threatened to sue they took them back, my tables were broken and when they redeliverd them 3 months later thje delivery man left tham t my door step while i was home and said i cant bring them into your house its 4:52 and i dont work past 5 I was 6 months pregagnt and had to carry my tables into my house alone.

Turns out, the salesman who sold us our furniture knew that the tables and lamps were discontinued from the start he would not answer my calls.

When finally the sent me new lamps that i picked out they charged me again and stated " we tried to rectify the sitation by sending u a comperable replacement so we have to charge u for the new lamps" I refused to pay and that would be paying twice since my new lamps were originally paid for when i initally ordered them.

To this day i have no lamps from them and i am bieng forced to pay for merchadise I never received.

Im suing them

Lydia
Syosset, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/18/2004 02:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Levitx-Furniture/Garden-City-New-York/Levitz-Furniture-ripoff-Damamged-furniture-out-of-stock-and-refuse-to-refund-my-money-Gar-104286. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Levitx Furniture