Complaint Review: Levitz Furniture - Furniture.com

• Updated: Fri, June 16, 2006

• Reported By:Mesa Arizona
Levitz Furniture - Furniture.com
Furniture.com Internet U.S.A.

Levitz Furniture - Furniture.com ripoff voided warranty one day after "one year warranty" was up Internet

*Consumer Comment: Perhaps Levits is Correct

I have purchased thousands of dollars of furniture from Levitz and their internet based company Furniture.com. I recently noticed that the stain on my coffee table was "bubbling" up and tacky in multiple areas on the coffee table, so I called the customer service department for a replacement because I knew I was close to my one year warranty's end.

The service rep. who helped me told me that my warranty was up on the previous day, and I asked to be directed to the manager. The manager was rude, insulted my intelliengence and after my patronage to their business would not extend my warranty the one extra day I needed.

I find this, being in the consumer sales business myself, extremelly rude and of bad business. I was told to write to their correspondence department to "complain" further...we'll see what happens. I will no longer purchase anything from Levitz due to their lack of professionalism. Ashley, here it come!

Kellie
Mesa, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/28/2006 01:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Levitz-Furniture-Furniturecom/internet/Levitz-Furniture-Furniturecom-ripoff-voided-warranty-one-day-after-one-year-warranty-173692. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Levitz Furniture - Furniture.com

Perhaps Levits is Correct

AUTHOR: Nicole - (U.S.A.)

When furniture "bubbles" or is tacky, it's usually because water has settled and created this effect. This is not a default of the furniture, but more neglect on the owner's part.

I've worked retail in the past and have been amazed at some of the items people try to return....shoes that their children have outgrown, pants that have a tear in them, 5 years later! It's ridiculous. Wear and tear should not be the responsibility of the company.

When people try to "pull one over" on the company, it entails the company having to cover costs by raising their prices to honest customers. There are instances when the company should be held responsible. For instance, if the furniture was damaged upon receiptm, or after only a few months of normal use.

Although I don't know your ENTIRE story, nor the story of the company, from what I've read, it sounds like the company was right.