Complaint Review: Levitz Furniture

• Submitted: Thu, October 23, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, October 23, 2008

• Reported By:Reading Pennsylvania
Levitz Furniture
Route 61 Reading, Pennsylvania U.S.A.

Levitz Furniture Billed for Non-existing Furniture Reading Pennsylvania

I had purchased a sofa/loveseat from levitz and also paid for an extended warranty on the cushions. Within 6 months of purchase, the fabric completely wore off.
Levitz said they would replace the cushions. Two years later I still had not received the replacement cushions. A levitz rep. came to my house to inspect the damage and reported to the company that I had purposely sliced the seams with a knife.
I finally had Levitz take the furniture back as a return. The "movers"..non-English speaking men showed up at my house in an unmarked white van at 10:00 p.m. to take the furniture, and I was to receive a full refund. I am now being harassed by the credit card company to pay $1,000 more than the original price of the furniture, even though I had already paid 1/3 of the total bill. Although I signed a Levitz return form at the time of return, the credit card company is telling me that there is no record of the return, and that I am responsible for the entire amount.

Reading, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/23/2008 08:38 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Levitz-Furniture/Reading-Pennsylvania-19605/Levitz-Furniture-Billed-for-Non-existing-Furniture-Reading-Pennsylvania-384054. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Levitz Furniture