Complaint Review: Lewis Hastie Receivables

• Reported By: Phone Flashmob — United States of America
Lewis Hastie Receivables
56 Main Street Hamburg New York 14075 Nationwide United States of America

Lewis Hastie Receivables New York, Nationwide

My husband & I moved to Idaho in 2011 and received a recycled phone number previously owned by "Jennifer" and/or "Scott". For months various callers, and Auto dialers, have hounded us looking for Scott and/or Jennifer.

Recently, an auto-bot advised us that the call was confidential but then said it was a debt collection matter for Jennifer. It said to press #1 if I was not her and I did so, but they kept calling.

So on a later call I pressed #2 to say I was Jennifer (so I could find out who was calling). They disclosed the case number and gave me a number to call. (1.800.323.9245). When I called the 1.800 number a man on the other end laughed at me and said good try, implying that I was lying.

I searched LHR on the Web and found more stories about LHR intimidation & harassment tactics. Then I went to their website and punched in the case number provided earlier and was shown that Jennifer owed a debt of $632. [continued below]....
.....88 to Legacy Visa (on which LHR would settle for $469.37.

Basically, LHR released Jennifers private credit information, harassed us into investigating this case, and they still harass us with calls. They call during dinner, first thing in the morning and throughout the day, and it's not limited to debt collectors. Non-profit groups hound us for money, and local businesses bug us with blind solicitations.

This type of corporate intrusion is designed to skirt established laws. Where is our First Amendment right to Privacy. We don't want to talk to anyone we don't know!

At first my husband would go ballistic and cuss-out the callers. So we decided to get pro-active and start a website to "Call the Callers". See,  (((Redacted))) Join in, it's free.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/29/2012 02:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Lewis-Hastie-Receivables/nationwide/Lewis-Hastie-Receivables-New-York-Nationwide-830745. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Lewis Hastie Receivables