Complaint Review: LexisNexis Martindale-Hubbell

• Submitted: Wed, July 08, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, July 08, 2009

• Reported By:Omaha Nebraska
LexisNexis Martindale-Hubbell
121 Chanlon Road New Providence, New Jersey U.S.A.
  • Phone: 800-5264902
  • Web:
  • Category: Media

LexisNexis Martindale-Hubbell Charges for services not provided, horrible customer service New Providence New Jersey

I was contacted by a LexisNexis sales person to include my expert witness consulting business listing in the LexisNexis directory and advertise online. After repeated sales calls, I finally agreed. I submitted copy for my advertisement, but then never heard from the company again. Almost a year later a received a bill for $780 and a demand for payment.

I explained the situation and told the company representatives that I had never heard back from LexisNexis and never knew IF my advertisement was listed or where it was listed or for what time period it was listed. I would not pay for a service I never was aware of receiving.

After numerous exchanges I was finally shown where my advertisement was listed online. Not surprisingly, the advertisement included incorrect information and was formatted as if a 6 year old had done it. Completely unprofessional. I demanded that it be removed immediately. Also, not surprisingly, I never heard from LexisNexis again about my complaint or whether my advertisement was removed.

However, LexisNexis did continue to send me a bill for $780 and never did address my concerns, despite my dispute.

Now, over two years later, I continue to receive bills (now from a collection agency) and despite multiple attempts to expain the problem to LexisNexis, they've never once attempted to address my concerns or resolve the dispute.

Don't do business with this company. They have a high sales pressure atmosphere and terrible customer service. Its clear that there is goal is to simply secure the sale and then promptly forget about you, the customer.

Omaha, Nebraska

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/08/2009 09:19 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/LexisNexis-Martindale-Hubbell/New-Providence-New-Jersey-07974/LexisNexis-Martindale-Hubbell-Charges-for-services-not-provided-horrible-customer-service-467388. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on LexisNexis Martindale-Hubbell