- Report: #324293
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Lexmark International, Inc.
Lexmark International, Inc.Dept F95/032-2, 740 W New Circle Road Internet U.S.A.
Lexmark International, Inc., Dept F95/032-2Lexmark International, Inc. X4270 All-in-One Center Printer replaced 3 times with the same problem, now a 4th one is being sent back ! Lexington, Kentucky Internet
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
1. Purchased my second X4270 All-in-One Printer on September 26, 2007 because the first one worked so well, and I was familiar with its operation.
2. The price was exceptional, and so I purchased a two year contract with it as well.
3.Two months later, it was not printing correctly. I thought it was my computer and so I replaced that. Printer still didn't work with the new computer.
4. Lexmark technicians said to check .the UBS port on my computer. which I did. The E-machine company told me it was not my computer but the printer.
5. A second X4270 printer was sent to me from Lexmark, but the problems were still not resolved. It would not print out of a website, and printing from My Documents revealed over-printing, skipped words and smudged ink.
6. So a Lexmark technician said, "Maybe your cartridges are damaged. Send them back and we will replace them". Same problem occurred.
7. Then they said, "Well, maybe you need a new USB cord. They do wear out you know!" So Lexmark send me a new USB cord, but the same over-printing, skipped words and smudges occurred.
8. I called the company, talked with the manager, and said "either send me the next upgraded model with a full two year warranty or refund my money in full." They refused, and again sent me another Printer.
9. This time the printer was not sent out in a timely manner as before! They said they had already sent it out, but did not have a Tracking # for me this time. They were very vague about this problem.
10. When I threatened to sent a report to the Better Business Bureau and www.ripoffreports.org , the third printer magically appeared the next day !
11. Rip Off Reports has 7 9 complaints against Lexmark, and so I know that most probably they are trying to repair the ones I've sent back, and then pushed them off onto other unsuspecting customers. (I'm must likely one of them!)
12.This forth printer sitting before me now has the same problem! And have the third one sitting here ready to go out as well. I'll need another "official" box in order to assure myself that I will not be charged for any damage through the carrier on the way back to Lexmark !
* * * * * * *
I have been frantic to print a very important letter to be certified and registered to an individual I think is compromising my Intellectual Property; I had delayed alternatives because I naively have trusted to quickly honor my warranty
The 2 year warrenty has not been worth the time, frustration and upset I have had with this chronic problem. Please tell me how to move forward on this legal matter. I am a 66 year old low income woman living on Social Security, and health problems aggravated by this rip-off company!
CLICK here to see why Rip-off Report, as a matter of policy, deleted either a phone number, link or e-mail address from this Report.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/07/2008 12:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Lexmark-International-Inc/internet/Lexmark-International-Inc-Dept-F95032-2Lexmark-International-Inc-X4270-All-in-One-Ce-324293. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.