Complaint Review: Liberty Auto Sales

• Updated: Tue, August 28, 2012

• Reported By: Jenny — California United States of America
Liberty Auto Sales
5095 West Camelback Road Phoenix, Arizona United States of America

Liberty Auto Sales Smog Emissions Testing Fraud, Failure to Honor Warranty and Sale of Unsafe Vehicle Phoenix, Arizona

I am writing in regards to a 2003 Volkswagen Beetle that I purchased from Liberty Auto Sales in Phoenix, AZ at the below mentioned address. The dealership has engaged in deceit and fraud and sold me a vehicle that was not legally eligible for sale by illegally smogging it. I have since relocated to California and have a local mechanic who can provide written verification of this. In addition to this, the dealership has engaged in harassing and illegal debt collection tactics by calling friends of mine and discussing details of my account with them, as well as threatening to pursue criminal charges against me, despite the fact that I have contacted the Phoenix Police Department myself and they have told me that this is a purely civil matter. The vehicle is not in drivable condition and is ineligible for registration in California, and, according to my mechanic, would not be able to pass emissions testing in any state in the U.S. Liberty Auto Sales has a known track-record of deceitful and fraudulent behavior as does the smog shop that performed the initial smogging of the vehicle before it was sold to me.

I am hoping to recover some of the money that I have paid to them for the vehicle and want them to repossess the vehicle as part of this arrangement. I am contacting your office in hopes that you may have an interest in this case. IF not, I would appreciate any referrals. I am more than happy to provide additional information regarding this matter if you would like.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/28/2012 01:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Liberty-Auto-Sales/Phoenix-Arizona-85031/Liberty-Auto-Sales-Smog-Emissions-Testing-Fraud-Failure-to-Honor-Warranty-and-Sale-of-Un-933810. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Liberty Auto Sales