Complaint Review: Liberty Benefit

• Submitted: Fri, November 02, 2001
  • Updated: Wed, January 28, 2004

• Reported By:Wylie Texas
Liberty Benefit
Collingswood, New Jersey U.S.A.

Liberty Benefits, Inc. AKA Credit Enhancement credit card ripoff offer

*Author of original report: Still Haven't Received a Refund

*0:

I received a card in the mail telling me that I had be approved for a credit card for $6000.00. I called and the person told me it would be a one time fee of $221.99.

The money was withdrawn on July 11. I was told it would be approx. 4 to 6 wks. for my card to arrive. My son did the same thing and was told the same thing.

We waited a few weeks and called again only to be told that because of the Sept. 11 tragedy, there would be a delay so we would wait another 3 to 4 weeks as they were backlogged for this card.

We called again approx. 4 weeks later and were told another 4 weeks. I finally received my card only to find out it was a merchandise card and not a credit card. When I called about this I was spoken to very rudely as my son had been the times he had called before. I didn't appreciate this so I reported them to the BBB and the Consumer Affairs but haven't heard anything. Can you help me?
This company is located in Collingswood, NJ. It goes by Credit Enhancement also. If you can help me, then my son will ask for your help also.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/02/2001 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Liberty-Benefit/Collingswood-New-Jersey/Liberty-Benefits-Inc-AKA-Credit-Enhancement-credit-card-ripoff-offer-7476. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Liberty Benefit

Still Haven't Received a Refund

AUTHOR: Rebekah - (U.S.A.)

With as many complaints as this business received, you would think refunds would be flying thru the mail, but not so. I am still waiting for the AG in New Jersey to take action. I don't know what the holdup is. At last count there were over 50 complaints. Is anyone listening?

#2 0

AUTHOR: - ()

I received a card in the mail telling me I had been approved for a credit card for $6000.00