Complaint Review: Liberty Benefits Group

• Submitted: Fri, December 10, 2004
  • Updated: Fri, December 10, 2004

• Reported By:OKLAHOMA CITY Oklahoma
Liberty Benefits Group
PO Box 86309 Madeira Beach, Florida U.S.A.

Liberty Benefits Group TOTAL RIPOFF This happened to me 3 months ago from Centurion Financial Madeira Beach Florida

I was called at work today and the lady asked for me by first and last name (at a government agency, which is really pretty secure about giving info about employees out). She said I was approved for a 2,500 credit card (unsecured) for a one-time fee of $299.99 that needed to be auto deducted from my bank acct.

Since this happened to me Sept 23 this year, I knew it was a ripoff, so I asked ??'s. What company, where are they located, etc. She got very rude with me when I refused to give her my bank acct # and told me Liberty Group would not issue the credit card, but Fleet, Washington Mutual, or some other bank would issue it, but only after I let them debit the 299.99 processing fee first.

My message is just to ALERT people NOT to give their bank acct #, SSN, or ANY information over the phone. A legitimate company will NEVER ask for that info over the phone or e-mail. Check every company out before you give ANY info out.

I have put an alert out of Centurion Financial Benefits credit card scam also.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/10/2004 02:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Liberty-Benefits-Group/Madeira-Beach-Florida-33738/Liberty-Benefits-Group-TOTAL-RIPOFF-This-happened-to-me-3-months-ago-from-Centurion-Financ-122230. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Liberty Benefits Group