Complaint Review: Liberty Benefits

• Submitted: Sat, November 22, 2003
  • Updated: Sat, November 22, 2003

• Reported By:Joliet Illinois
Liberty Benefits
449 Eastern Columbus, Ohio U.S.A.

Liberty Benefits ripoff Columbus Ohio

On Saturday,November 22, 2003 around 11:00 a.m. I received a phone call from a gentleman name Steve Martin. He said that I had been preapproved for a mastercard for the amount of $2,000 through Bank of America. I listen to his spill and I gave him my checking account number. He said that I would be receiving my credit card in seven days but my account will be charged a processing fee of $299 that will be debit out of my checking account on December 7, 2003.

I ask him to provide me with a phone number and address where I could reach him. He provide me with a phone number and a address with his ID number and his extension. After I hung up the phone with him, I decided to call the number he gave me to see if this was ok. When I called the 1-800 number I immediately got a voice mail saying that this mailbox is full and to use the person extension number. I punched in the extension number and the voice mail said that I had enter a number that was incorrect.

After several attempt to get anyone on the phone, I called my bank to report this and they told me to come in and cancel my checking account and to get a new checking account number. This company is truly a ripoff and they deserve to be put behind bars. This is a lesson learned for me and I hope that others do not fall for this scam.

Joliet, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/22/2003 09:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Liberty-Benefits/Columbus-Ohio/Liberty-Benefits-ripoff-Columbus-Ohio-72822. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Liberty Benefits