Complaint Review: Liberty Carpet Cleaning

• Reported By: Andre — philadelphia Pennsylvania
Liberty Carpet Cleaning
2203 Benson Street Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Liberty Carpet Cleaning Ripping off the elderly! Philadelphia Pennsylvania

I had Liberty Carpet cleaning come out for my mother who is 92 years old.  The worker who came out to clean the room said that he would have to charge for 2 rooms because of the size of the room.  I don't understand that...It is like a 20'x 20'room, not that large.  After he was finished cleaning he handed her a bill of $360!  She could not believe it but she went ahead and paid him.  He told her that if she paid him by cash, he would not charge her tax.  She paid him $360 less the tax.  I was upset with what she was charged, she was susposed to receive a senior citizen discount of 30% and that never happened.  When I called to ask about the outrageous bill, I was told she was charged only $300.  Bottomline, the worker skimmed $60 and put it in his pocket.  When I asked to speak to the owner, the woman said he would call right back.  He never did.  I called several more times and I could never get to talk to the owner.  He never returned my call.  I tried for 2 weeks to reach him.  Don't use this company...they are heartless and have no problem ripping off the elderly.  It is shameful.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/04/2013 01:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Liberty-Carpet-Cleaning/Philadelphia-Pennsylvania-19152/Liberty-Carpet-Cleaning-Ripping-off-the-elderly-Philadelphia-Pennsylvania-1072953. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Liberty Carpet Cleaning