Complaint Review: Liberty Financing, Inc.

• Submitted: Tue, November 10, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, September 07, 2012

• Reported By: BD — Miami Florida United States of America
Liberty Financing, Inc.
1730 SW 30th Ave pembroke park, Florida United States of America

Liberty Financing, Inc. Aid Auto Brokers Inc. Repossessed my vehicle after late payment was excepted. pembroke park , Florida

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: repo

*UPDATE Employee: REPO

*General Comment: bankruptcy

*General Comment: wow..

I made on time payments up until I ran into some financially issues. Liberty contacted me for payment and I spoke to jerry and let him know that he would be receiving payment but it would be late.  Jerry agreed and said just send in something and it would be okay.  I was agreed by Jerry that it was fine to send a post date check for the whole past due amount.  That check was sent that same day on that Tuesday of that week, the check was for the following week on that Thursday.  This is what was too happened per agreement with Jerry.

Obviously things did not happen that way.  Sunday Night around ten at night a tow truck was in front of my house towing away the vehicle. Tried to explain to the men taking the vehicle that it had to be a mistake because payment was sent to liberty.  The men of course were nasty and did not care what was said to them.  All they keep saying is that they just got off the phone with liberty and they were authorized by liberty for the pickup of the vehicle.

The following morning I tried to contact liberty and of course the cat and mouse games began.  I first ask to speak to Jerry and of course he was not in the office.  But did speak to the manager Pablo and he said that he had no clue with what was going on and to call Jerry because he would know whats going on.  Called back Several times Jerry still not in the office but still rude Pablo the manager could not help me with what happened to the vehicle. But he did tell me that it was my fault that the vehicle was taken because I was the one who could not pay on time so he did not know why I was asking all of these questions about a vehicle that no longer belongs to me.

I final got a hold of Jerry and I told him that per are agreement he said it was okay to send the post dated check for payment so that he could put it in the computer.  He said he did say that but he did not have control of what the computer does and did not know why they still repossessed the vehicle.  He said okay dont worry about it because he would fix it and that he would call me back when it would be okay to pay off  past due balance and pick up the vehicle.  Next day came and still no call from jerry.

The following day I spoke to jerry and he said that he had bad news that I would not be able o get the vehicle I was informed that I could not get the vehicle back even if I caught up with d payments.  These people are wrong and should be shut down for their ill practices

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/10/2009 08:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Liberty-Financing-Inc/pembroke-park-Florida-33009/Liberty-Financing-Inc-Aid-Auto-Brokers-Inc-Repossessed-my-vehicle-after-late-payment-wa-522243. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Liberty Financing, Inc.

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

repo

AUTHOR: Chris - (United States of America)

Not the whole story but I am sure you are smart enough to know that

REPO

AUTHOR: Chris - (United States of America)

I understand you were frustrated but customer service reps do not have the ability to make repo decisions. Customers have the ability to go on here and say whatever they want when we as a business can not because we violate confidentality agreements but I assume most people are smart enough to know that no bank will repo someones car for being late one time or even 3 times.

The bank LOSES MONEY 90% of the time they repo a car. Customers act like all banks want to do is repo cars. Say you buy a car and you owe 15,000 on it. They repo it. Repo fee and storage is about $1000. now since you bought the car it probably depreciated so when it goes to auction they get $9000. So with the storage fee. The bank walks off with $8000. Had you paid your payments like you agreed to BUT DIDNT they would have gotten there $15,000.

I know that people lose there jobs and some things happen. Im not gonna say all but our banks and most banks will work with someone but at the end of the day YOU AND ONLY YOU agreed to make a payment and if that payment is not paid they will take back the vehicle.

#3 General Comment

bankruptcy

AUTHOR: anonymous - (USA)

file chater 13 and get the car back

#4 General Comment

wow..

AUTHOR: Jason - (USA)

to bad....you need to hire an attorney and sue them for damages