Complaint Review: Liberty First Financial

• Submitted: Fri, January 11, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, January 11, 2008

• Reported By:St Petersburg Florida
Liberty First Financial
1320 State Route 9 Champlain, New York U.S.A.

Liberty First Financial - Grant Specialists Took my son's milk money cause they are just like bullies! Champlain, New York

I received legal mail from this company stating they could get me a grant to either go back to school or start my own business. Since I am a single parent, I thought this was a great idea. I did know that sometimes you have to pay a service into helping you get school grants. I did all the paperwork they sent and mailed to the address they suggested. I thought it was funny when it was returned for an incorrect mailing address a week later; but I contacted the company and was reassured that the last CSR I spoke with didn't have the updated mailing address and was given a different one on the other side of the USA (NY)(the first address was out West somewhere--can't remember now).

They told me it would take about 3 months to process my paperwork and send out leads for me to get grants. I never heard a dang thing. When I started doing this, I was excited and told my brother also about this company who called right away and set up his account also with this rip off company.

So needless to say, we both got scammed for $299. We'd like our money back as they are no better than bullies taking milk money, literally, from my son!

Star_of_my_heart
St Petersburg, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/11/2008 08:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Liberty-First-Financial/Champlain-New-York-12919/Liberty-First-Financial-Grant-Specialists-Took-my-sons-milk-money-cause-they-are-just-l-299326. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Liberty First Financial