Complaint Review

9311 Liberty Rd Randalstown, Maryland United States of America Phone:
410-655-2000
Category:
Auto Dealers

Liberty Ford of Randalstown Liberty Ford False or Misleading Advertising Randalstown, Maryland

I purchased a vehicle from Liberty Ford in April, 2012.  The vehicle I purchased operates great however the dealership files when meeting up with there advertising.  The commercial states "Liberty For Life"; Engine Warranty for Life, Tire Protection Plan for Life, Oil Changes for Life, Tire Rotation for Life, Safety Inspections for Life, Car Washes for Life, that you are paying a $2000 fee added if you want coverage.

Since I had my car I have had 2 oil changes (every 5 thousand mile required).  This includes all of the above along with topping of fluids.  They have failed to give you the free car wash because they are not under contract with any company to provide such services.  I have been told each time I have had an oil change that within the month they should be under contract with a company by the end of the month and with be mailing vouchers.

I just called them and spoke to Helen in The Service Department and she stated that the should have voucher at the end of the week but have not contracted a company yet. A car wash is important as all the other service because I'm paying for it.  At my second oil change I was told that my 15000 mile change would cost $265.00. (Red Flag) I asked why and was told because of needed services at 15000 miles.

As far as I can tell the only thing that is being done that was not done before is the replacement of the air filter.  If you do not have this done or decide not to pay $265. 00 then you are voiding the Liberty For Life Warranty.  My question is why am I paying additional money for services I have already paid for and an comparable air filter cost $27 - $35. They are ripping people off and they know it but they don't expect you to use you head and figure it out. I think its time this is investigated.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/24/2013 12:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Liberty-Ford-of-Randalstown/Randalstown-Maryland-21133/Liberty-Ford-of-Randalstown-Liberty-Ford-False-or-Misleading-Advertising-Randalstown-Mary-1045884. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Liberty Ford of Randalstown