Complaint Review: Liberty Ford

• Updated: Mon, May 17, 2010

• Reported By: Lauren — Fort Meade Maryland United States of America
Liberty Ford

Liberty Ford Liberty Ford Randallstown Totally SCAMS MILITARY!!!! Internet

Saw a commercial for a FORD dealership that had millions of dollars they could loan, 60% under MSRP, GUARANTEED approval ~ good, bad, or no credit.  You call an 800 number or go to their website (www.fordofbalitmore.com) and fill out the application.  We were told that since my husband was military (guaranteed income means approval) we were approved for a $20,000 vehicle, and they would give us face value for our trade in.  We had informed the dealership that we have 6 small children and waiting around at a dealership was just not an option for us.  We asked if we could do that majority of the "work" over the phone and through email....obviously, they told us YES.  Saturday, a dealer called my husband asking when we were going to come in to pick out our vehicle and sign the paperwork.  My husband took time off of work to come pick me and our children up, and go to down to the dealership.  Within MINUTES of walking into the dealership, he was told that since we already had a MAJOR car loan, we were unable to trade in the vehicle that was already paid for ~ for a new one, and that we would have to trade the car with a loan.  NEVER were told that over the phone.  My husband told them that we were already approved and that trading in our PAID IN FULL vehicle was acceptable ~ they said that they will try to work out a different deal.  My husband told them "No thank you" and proceeded to walk out the door ~ very frusterated.  The Floor Sales Manager attempted to grab my husband's shit to grab him back into the store.  This store should be "black listed" and off limits to military members.  I am sure that if my husband was a young, fresh, just entering the serivce, he would have been scammed into spending outragous money ~ just so this dealership can make a quick buck!  DO NOT GO TO LIBERTY FORD OF RANDALLSTOWN.   I should have known it was a scam and a joke of a dealership ~ Jerry Springer is the "spokes-person" for their commercials!  DEAD GIVEAWAY~

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/16/2010 11:38 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Liberty-Ford/internet/Liberty-Ford-Liberty-Ford-Randallstown-Totally-SCAMS-MILITARY-Internet-603825. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Liberty Ford