Complaint Review: Liberty Mutual Insurance Group

• Updated: Mon, July 22, 2013

• Reported By: Patrick — Aurora Colorado
Liberty Mutual Insurance Group
537 W Highlands Ranch Pkwy, Suite 103 Highlands Ranch, Colorado USA

Liberty Mutual Insurance Group Deceptive Lying Not cooperative Thieves Highlands Ranch Colorado

I purchased my home about 10 years ago, and a new roof was put on by the seller. Recently I did a refi, the refi agent suggested a less expensive insurance company. I OK'd that, they cancelled my old insurance, and they signed me with Liberty Mutual. Without warning, my permission, or my being there, Liberty Mutual sent an agent to my home and up on my roof for an unauthorized inspection. (I call that trespassing!)

Then my Liberty Mutual agent (who is no longer there, he quit  after this story) called me at home to say that my roof needed to be replaced, due to wear and tear and hail damage, or I could not be covered for full replacement. I panicked, as this meant I was without roof insurance at that moment, so I had my home re-roofed at my expense -$7,250. I later found out via my Liberty Mutual agent (before he quit) that I could make my previous insurance company pay, since the "damage" occurred under their watch. The other company agreed, and asked for a copy of the report for details.

After I saw the report, I was shocked - it said my roof was fine, and did NOT need replacing. I called L.M.,my agent was gone. They gave me a "copy" of a letter they claimed they sent me that said the roof needed to be"repaired or replaced". I was given no such choice, I was told to REPLACE, which is far more expensive than repair.

Liberty Mutual said they were sending a revised copy, but now they aren't even returning my calls. I believe they lied to me about the roof, and are lying about having documents for me. I am not wealthy enough to hire a lawyer (fixed income/SSI) Should I represent myself? How would you approach this situation?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/22/2013 05:30 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Liberty-Mutual-Insurance-Group/Highlands-Ranch-Colorado-80129/Liberty-Mutual-Insurance-Group-Deceptive-Lying-Not-cooperative-Thieves-Highlands-1068973. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Liberty Mutual Insurance Group