Complaint Review: Liberty Mutual Insurance

• Updated: Sat, July 05, 2014

• Reported By: Augusta, GA — AUGUSTA Georgia
Liberty Mutual Insurance
Boston, Massachusetts USA

Liberty Mutual Insurance Deceitful Unjust Billing Practices Boston Massachusetts

I recently received a letter from Credit  Collection Services representing Liberty Mutual Insurance. The notice states that I owe a balance of 461.03. I contacted  the collection services and the young lady stated that  I am being billed for  future discounts.

I explained to the Rep. that I changed compnaies becuase of the rates and was not in a contract. I asked what discounts I was being billed for and she could not answer the question. I explained that I only had one car on the plan, one driver, no multi-line discount, military, student, vetran, senior, home, life insurance, annuities or any other plan with Liberty Mutual for discoutns to apply.

I also asked  how can you bill me for future services if I am no longer with the company and change companies the same month I paid. I left liberty mutual paying on a monthly basis with no obligations along with a zero balance.

I also explained that Liberty Mutual did not  disclose any information  regarding  discounts  when I had service with them. The Rep. talked over me and said that Liberty Mutual bill for discounts on a 12 month basis dependign on how you pay. Which I pay monthly thefore no discounts apply and I have a zero balance.

I think that it is horrible for  Liberty Mutual to bill for future discounts that consumers are unaware of. Liberty Mutual is unfair and will do anything for additional revenue.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/05/2014 03:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Liberty-Mutual-Insurance/Boston-Massachusetts/Liberty-Mutual-Insurance-Deceitful-Unjust-Billing-Practices-Boston-Massachusetts-1159761. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Liberty Mutual Insurance