Complaint Review: Liberty Mutual

• Updated: Fri, March 07, 2014

• Reported By: Joanne — Philadelphia Pennsylvania
Liberty Mutual
4259 W Swamp Road, Suite 108, Doylestown, Pennsylvania USA

Liberty Mutual won't cancel my homeowner insurance and send me "debt" to a collection agency Doylestown Pennsylvania

I got a notice from CCS about a “debt” that I owed to Liberty Mutual. It is not a valid debt. I do not owe this company anything.

I used its homeowner insurance from 7/6/2012 to 7/6/2013. Before July, 2013, I found a cheaper insurance with State Farm and therefore didn’t buy the insurance from Liberty Mutual. My contract with Liberty mutual is not an automatic renewal one. I assumed that if I didn’t pay, then they would not cover my house and we had no relationship at all. My house has been covered by the insurance with State Farm.

Liberty Mutual sent me a bill in Sept.2013 with a balance of $307. I contacted the agent that had worked with me. He asked me to provide a proof of coverage and I did. He then said that his office would take care of it. I then contacted him several times after I got the "bill" from Liberty Mutual and never heard back from him again.

I have the policy from Statefarm and the emails with the agent. I am going to file a complaint to the following agencies:

Better Business Bureau

Office of Insurance Regulation

Federal Trade Commission

BadeBusinessBureau.com

Credict Collection Services

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/07/2014 07:14 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Liberty-Mutual/Doylestown-Pennsylvania-18902/Liberty-Mutual-wont-cancel-my-homeowner-insurance-and-send-me-debt-to-a-collection-age-1128923. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Liberty Mutual