Complaint Review: Liberty Mutual

• Updated: Wed, December 29, 2010

• Reported By: nolaff — New Jersey USA
Liberty Mutual

Liberty Mutual LIBERTY MUTUAL IS UNRESPONSIVE -- I'M BEING KIND! Internet

I had a problem with my vehicle.I was able to get it to the dealer where I bought it and have it regularly serviced.The dealer estimated repairs at $2,200.I called Liberty Mutual and filed a claim.I asked them to accelerate claims processing since I needed the vehicle and it was undriveable and had to remain at the dealer's site until repaired.

IT'S BEEN A FULL WEEK SINCE I REPORTED THE CLAIM AND LIBERTY MUTUAL STILL HASN'T SENT AN APPRAISER TO LOOK AT MY VEHICLE!!!!!!!

I've called and talked to the claims rep five or six times.I've had the dealer take pictures of the problem and fax the pictures and the estimate to the claims rep.Nothing has moved my claim. Liberty Mutual's attitude is: sorry, we're doing what we can -- WHICH IS NOTHING.Instead of getting an appraiser out to look at my vehicle, they've done what they could -- NOTHING.The SOB's have left me without my vehicle and they couldn't care less.That's unacceptable.I pay them for automobile insurance protection. They're supposed to provide it.

And this is only a $1,700 exposure for them -- with a $2,200 estimate and my $500 deductible, Liberty Mutual's exposure is only $1,700.For an auto insurance claim, that isn't a lot of money.

If this is how they deal with a $1,700 issue, imagine how they'll treat the poor unfortunate who has a significant claim.

The only rational conclusion is to:AVOID LIBERTY MUTUAL.

As soon as I can, I'll switch to another insurer.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/29/2010 11:05 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Liberty-Mutual/internet/Liberty-Mutual-LIBERTY-MUTUAL-IS-UNRESPONSIVE-IM-BEING-KIND-Internet-676387. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Liberty Mutual