Complaint Review: Liberty National Financial Corp.

• Submitted: Tue, August 21, 2012
  • Updated: Tue, September 25, 2012

• Reported By: ATN — Las Vegas Nevada United States of America
Liberty National Financial Corp.
PO BOX 6089 Norman, Oklahoma United States of America

Liberty National Financial Corp. freight bonds stole my money Norman, Oklahoma

*UPDATE Employee: Explanation of Refund Issue

When I tried to cancel, they charged me a $250 cancellation fee, and threatened to send my file to a collection agency and to report me to the other insurance company I chose because of their lack of service. This company has no intention of returning the money we pay into their company for a broker bond that the DOT requires all auto transport brokers to have. I have paid them over $7000 in total and they are supposed to return it to me once I cancel with them, they are not going to give me any money back. I got threatened by the owner Cynthia Martinian as the end result of me requesting my refund of my bond. I will be contacting the FBI so that they become aware of the scam this company is doing to not only me but many other auto transport companies.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/21/2012 06:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Liberty-National-Financial-Corp/Norman-Oklahoma-73070/Liberty-National-Financial-Corp-freight-bonds-stole-my-money-Norman-Oklahoma-930600. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Liberty National Financial Corp.

Explanation of Refund Issue

AUTHOR: LibertyNational - (United States of America)

The $250 cancellation fee is in the contract signed by the customer. We are not creating random fees in order to steal money.

The threat of collections was due to the fact that we are having claims come in against the customer who is not cooperating with our accounting department.

There is a cancellation procedure signed by the customer and according to it she is not at this time entitled to a refund. The money being held is in a trust fund meant to cover the liability of potential payouts to carriers that the customer does not pay. We have such claims already. These claims must be paid and the liability period must end before we can refund money. We provide contracts and cancellation procedures explaining this to the customer.

We have done everything by the book and do not appreciate the unwarranted allegations being made.