Complaint Review: Liberty National Financial Trust

3475 Lenox Road NE Atlanta, Georgia United States of America
  • Phone: 8778075465
  • Web:
  • Category: Loans

Liberty National Financial Trust Matthew Foster (Loan Officer) Scam Personal Loan Fraud Atlanta, Georgia

*Consumer Comment: Sue your "professional"

I was cantacted by this company about a personal loan. I discussed with my girlfriend, to which she hesitantly agreed. I had the loan agreement looked over by a professional that had more expierience with them than I. I was told the documents were legit.

I first spoke with a man named Matthew Foster. He told me because of my lest than perfect credit that I would have to put down a deposit on the $15,000 loan. I wired the money to a lady named Barbara Laplana in Barcelona Spain. Then, the next day, when my loan was not recieved I called " Mr. Foster" and asked why it had not been released.

He told me that there was a note on his computer for me to contact his supervisor William Marshall. I spoke with "Mr. Marshall" and he informed me that I had been assessed for an additional deposit to recieve my loan. So, when I had the money on the first of this month, I sent the additional deposit. Which now, the two deposits total $3,406.

I was told that the money would be wired to my account the next day. When I woke up this morning and saw that the money was not deposited, I tried to call and find out why. the number was not in service. I am now going to lose my house and my truck. and have no money to make sure my children have food in their stomachs. This could cost me more than just money, it's going to cost me everything I own, and possibly my family too.

Thank you Liberty National Financial Trust for ruining my life.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/03/2011 09:39 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Liberty-National-Financial-Trust/Atlanta-Georgia-30326/Liberty-National-Financial-Trust-Matthew-Foster-Loan-Officer-Scam-Personal-Loan-Fraud-At-736397. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Liberty National Financial Trust

Sue your "professional"

AUTHOR: Flynrider - (USA)

I had the loan agreement looked over by a professional that had more expierience with them than I. I was told the documents were legit."

Any so-called "professional" that cannot immediately recognize that this is a scam is not very professional.   The whole transaction is phony from the start.   It would be illegal for a lender to require a large "deposit" in order to obtain a personal loan.   Any real professional would know this.

Bottom line, you were not in contact with a loan company.  It was just  a group of scammers that pretended to be lenders in order to get you to send them untraceable cash, which you did.

This is not a new scam.   The FTC has known about it for years and has a web page on the subject.