Complaint Review: Liberty National Life Insurance Co

• Updated: Wed, September 09, 2009

• Reported By: judy m. hattrem — southfield Michigan USA
Liberty National Life Insurance Co
P. O. Box 2612 Birmingham, Alabama United States of America

Liberty National Life Insurance Company REVIEW: Liberty National Life Insurance Company commitment to total customer satisfaction since 1900. Liberty National Life Insurance Company recognizes that complaints posted on Ripoff Report (whether true or not) are issues that need to be addressed, not ignored.
*UPDATE: Liberty National Life Insurance Company pledges their commitment to Ripoff Report Corporate Advocacy, Business Remediation and Customer Satisfaction Program. A program that benefits the consumer, assures them of complete satisfaction and confidence when doing business with a member business. Liberty National Life Insurance Company is recognized by Ripoff Report as a Verified Safe Business.

Ripoff Report REVIEW:

EDitors UPDATE: Positive rating and recognition has been given to Liberty National Life Insurance Company for its commitment to excellence in customer service.

Ripoff Reports discussions with Liberty National Life Insurance Company has uncovered an ongoing commitment by the company to total client satisfaction. This means that clients can expect that the company will work towards finding a mutually satisfactory resolution to any complaints or concerns. Liberty National Life Insurance Company listens carefully to client concerns and sees them as an opportunity to learn from past mistakes and become more efficient as a company in the services offered and the support for those services.

Liberty National Life Insurance Company has been in the insurance business since 1900. We offer affordable life and supplemental health insurance through in-home and workplace sales. Providing local, one-on-one service to our customers is something we've done from the beginning. While automation is the way of the today's world, it won't replace our individual attention to Liberty National policyholders. Insurance can make the difference in a family keeping their home, a child going to college, or having enough money to pay bills each month if a family breadwinner dies. Liberty National Life Insurance Company is passionate about helping hardworking Americans protect their families. We look forward to helping you protect yours.

Liberty National Life Insurance Company, headquartered in Birmingham, Alabama, has been meeting the insurance coverage needs of families for over 100 years, dating back to 1900. Liberty National is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Torchmark Corporation. Torchmark is an S&P 500 company traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TMK.

Liberty National Life Insurance Company also offers an excellent career for motivated individuals looking to earn what they are worth. Earning potential is unlimited! With just seven to eight sales per week, agents have the potential to earn from $50,000 up to $75,000+ in the first year with valuable tools like laptop presentation at your fingertips. Liberty National believes in personal, dedicated service for insurance needs. We are committed to providing agents with full support, quality training and competitive compensation. Joining Liberty Nationals sales team could open the door to an outstanding income and a whole new lifestyle. Liberty National Life Insurance Company has immediate needs to fill several positions. We are looking for both entry level and senior level applicants.

In summary, Ripoff Report is convinced that Liberty National Life Insurance Company is committed to quality delivery of services resulting in total client satisfaction.

Read more about why consumers should feel confident when doing business with a member of Rip-off Report's Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation & Customer Satisfaction Program. Yes, its a long name for a program that does a lot for both consumers and businesses alike.

Read about Rip-off Report Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation & Customer Satisfaction Program,.. A program that benefits the consumer, assures them of complete satisfaction and confidence when doing business with a member business. this program works.

SPECIAL NOTE ABOUT THE ONE REPORT THAT WAS FILED ABOUT Liberty National Life Insurance:

Liberty National Life Insurance Company recognizes that complaints posted on Ripoff Report (whether true or not) are issues that need to be addressed, not ignored. One company executive agreed that, if handled correctly, complaints can be valuable learning opportunities. With the feedback generated by Ripoff Reports Review of Liberty National Life Insurance Company has made organizational changes allowing its clients, employees and agents a more streamlined approach to problem resolution and a commitment to a great client experience.

As a Part of the Corporate Advocacy Program the member business allows Ripoff Report to send an email to all of those who filed a complaint in the past, letting the customer know, the member business wanted to make things right with them, .. whatever it takes to do so. Ripoff Report always monitors these emails to insure the member business does what they agreed to. The people at Liberty National Life Insurance Company did just that.

=====================
NOW TO THE ORIGINAL REPORT THAT WAS FILED
=====================

Liberty National Life Insurance Co  Right Hand knows not what the Left Hand is Doing Birmingham, Alabama

My Mom purchased two small life insurance policies from Liberty National almost 30 years ago.  Premiums were always paid on time, monthly.  Mom passed away in July and was buried on July 11, 2009.

A sister was named beneficiary of one policy, I was listed as beneficiary of the 2nd policy.  When I received the Death Certificate, I advised Liberty and asked what steps I should take to claim the benefits.  I was told that my sister had already contacted them and that the benefits were processed and mailed to my sister's address.  She lives in Jacksonville, FL.  I live in Southfield, MI.

When I spoke to my sister, she stated that payment had not been received and that she would forward my disbursement to me, when it was received.  When it arrived several weeks later, she wrote "return to sender" and put it back in the mail.

I have contacted Liberty on at least 8 occasions.  I have spoken to several pleasant ladies who obviously know nothing about my claim.  So far, I have been misinformed or lied to.  On 8/31/09, I spoke with a young lady who said that the check had been mailed on 8/28/09, to my Southfield address.  Today, I called and spoke with another lady who said that no, the check had not been mailed because they have not received the returned check from my sister.

I have repeatedly asked for a Manager or someone of authority so that I could hopefully get accurate information.  Each time, I am told that she is not available.

Liberty does not have offices in my area so I am dependent on telephone communication with persons without communication abilities.  Uninformed is uninformed!  I wrote them a letter 8/19/09 and explained my situation, sent a copy of my identification and another death certificate for my Mom.  There has been no acknowledgement!

I know not what to do.  We aren't talking a large sum of money; surely not even a third of what Mom paid in premiums.  I want some answers......

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/09/2009 04:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Liberty-National-Life-Insurance-Co/Birmingham-Alabama-35202/Liberty-National-Life-Insurance-Company-REVIEW-Liberty-National-Life-Insurance-Company-co-492396. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Liberty National Life Insurance Co