Complaint Review: Liberty National Life Insurance Co

• Updated: Sun, February 19, 2012

• Reported By:Columbus Georgia
Liberty National Life Insurance Co
6400 Main St., Ste 100 Columbus, Georgia United States of America

Liberty National Life Insurance Company REVIEW: Commitment to Liberty National Life Insurance Company executive team and employees are committed to customer satisfaction. Liberty National Life Insurance Companys approach to business is focused on providing the highest customer satisfaction in the industry.
*UPDATE: Liberty National Life Insurance Company pledges their commitment to always improving their operations by joining Ripoff Reports Corporate Advocacy, Business Remediation & Customer Satisfaction Program. A program that benefits the consumer by increasing their confidence when doing business with a member business. Recognized by Ripoff Report as a Verified Safe Business.

Ripoff Report REVIEW:

EDitors UPDATE: Positive rating and recognition has been given to Liberty National Life Insurance Company for its commitment to excellence in customer service.

Ripoff Reports discussions with Liberty National Life Insurance Company has uncovered an ongoing commitment by the company to total client satisfaction. This means that clients can expect that the company will work towards finding a mutually satisfactory resolution to any complaints or concerns. Liberty National Life Insurance Company listens carefully to client concerns and sees them as an opportunity to learn from past mistakes and become more efficient as a company in the services offered and the support for those services.

Liberty National Life Insurance Company has been in the insurance business since 1900. We offer affordable life and supplemental health insurance through in-home and workplace sales. Providing local, one-on-one service to our customers is something we've done from the beginning. While automation is the way of the today's world, it won't replace our individual attention to Liberty National policyholders. Insurance can make the difference in a family keeping their home, a child going to college, or having enough money to pay bills each month if a family breadwinner dies. Liberty National Life Insurance Company is passionate about helping hardworking Americans protect their families. We look forward to helping you protect yours.

Liberty National Life Insurance Company, headquartered in Birmingham, Alabama, has been meeting the insurance coverage needs of families for over 100 years, dating back to 1900. Liberty National is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Torchmark Corporation. Torchmark is an S&P 500 company traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TMK.

Liberty National Life Insurance Company also offers an excellent career for motivated individuals looking to earn what they are worth. Earning potential is unlimited! With just seven to eight sales per week, agents have the potential to earn from $50,000 up to $75,000+ in the first year with valuable tools like laptop presentation at your fingertips. Liberty National believes in personal, dedicated service for insurance needs. We are committed to providing agents with full support, quality training and competitive compensation. Joining Liberty Nationals sales team could open the door to an outstanding income and a whole new lifestyle. Liberty National Life Insurance Company has immediate needs to fill several positions. We are looking for both entry level and senior level applicants.

In summary, Ripoff Report is convinced that Liberty National Life Insurance Company is committed to quality delivery of services resulting in total client satisfaction.

Read more about why consumers should feel confident when doing business with a member of Rip-off Report's Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation & Customer Satisfaction Program. Yes, its a long name for a program that does a lot for both consumers and businesses alike.

Read about Rip-off Report Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation & Customer Satisfaction Program,.. A program that benefits the consumer, assures them of complete satisfaction and confidence when doing business with a member business. this program works.

SPECIAL NOTE ABOUT THE ONE REPORT THAT WAS FILED ABOUT Liberty National Life Insurance:

Liberty National Life Insurance Company recognizes that complaints posted on Ripoff Report (whether true or not) are issues that need to be addressed, not ignored. One company executive agreed that, if handled correctly, complaints can be valuable learning opportunities. With the feedback generated by Ripoff Reports Review of Liberty National Life Insurance Company has made organizational changes allowing its clients, employees and agents a more streamlined approach to problem resolution and a commitment to a great client experience.

As a Part of the Corporate Advocacy Program the member business allows Ripoff Report to send an email to all of those who filed a complaint in the past, letting the customer know, the member business wanted to make things right with them, .. whatever it takes to do so. Ripoff Report always monitors these emails to insure the member business does what they agreed to. The people at Liberty National Life Insurance Company did just that.

=====================
NOW TO THE ORIGINAL REPORT THAT WAS FILED
=====================

Liberty National Life Insurance Co Very misleading recruiting tactics Columbus Georgia

I went to work for Liberty National in July 2007. I was told I would get leads from them and have all this training and fantastic benefits. Once you decide to give it a try they tell how much your course material is going to cost you. And then they tell you how much the test to get your license is going to cost. And then they tell you how much the license is going to cost.

My training consisted of a list of names off a site call Sales Genie. I was told what to say, put into a conference room and told to make some appointments. I had no idea what I was making the appointments for or anything about the type of policies the company sold, or anything. They gave me a flyer and I tried to wing it off that.

The first two appointments I made were with businesses and they wanted major medical insurance, not supplemental products, which the flyer said they had. I got the addresses with my manager and sat there like a fool while they told the potential clients that we don't sell major medical - only the supplemental products and individual life insurance.

The next appointment he went with me on we enrolled and at the enrollment he told the people they could purchase life insurance on the Cafeteria 125 plan for their children up to age 25 if they were in school. Three of the woment have children who are over 19 and not students, but he sold it to them anyway like he was doing them a big favor by lying about their kids being students. I had flashbacks about the ethics clause in our insurance licenses, but he acted like everything was fine.

The fourth appointment was a small company who only has six employees. It is supposed to be ten employees for the 125 plans and seven for a standard, non-tax deductible payroll deduction. He told me the person who handled benefits "didn't know it yet, but would have to make up the names of four more people and their hire dates so we could put them on the 125 plan." I again was remembering my ethics clause and had some real bad feelings. I have not held the fourth enrollment. I do not feel the customer or the new agent should ever be put in the position of getting themselves in trouble with the IRS or the insurance commissioner.

The company holds this great big training seminar in Atlanta at the Weston Airport Hotel and pays for the meals and the rooms, but only after you have sold $5,000 in annual premium. Getting to that $5,000 is hit or miss and very unorthordox to say the least. My manager did part of my sales for me and didn't even tell me he was doing it. I would be off on an interview with a person and he would be out selling insurance and putting it under my agent number.

They told me I needed to get my Alabama license since we are so close to Alabama. I have no problem there, but my branch manager told me $20 for the out of state license, told one of the other new agents $90 and they took $60 out of my check and then a few weeks later took another $60 out saying it was for administrative fees- that's a total of $120 for my Alabama license. One of the other new agents had the $60 taken out, but never got the license. They also set 30% to 50% of your commissions aside in a commission account, which I was told was for those weeks when things were slow and you didn't have any sales. Well, now I'm not seeing any of it.

They terminated me because I have had a few slow weeks on the personal side when they know I have been working the business accounts and not the personal accounts. I have spent hundreds and hundreds of dollars in gas running around to busnesses, some of which are ones they sent me to in Montgomery, AL, not to mention the long distance phone calls to Montgomery.

The last policy I wrote I never got any commission on. They jacked around with it saying they had not received for four weeks now and since they have terminated me I will probably never see that commission or the over $2,000 in my commission account. They have fees and accounts on top of fees and accounts. There is no way you could ever hope to keep it all straight.

Anonymous
Columbus, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/12/2007 02:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Liberty-National-Life-Insurance-Co/Columbus-Georgia-31909/Liberty-National-Life-Insurance-Company-REVIEW-Commitment-to-Liberty-National-Life-Insura-284402. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Liberty National Life Insurance Co