Complaint Review: Liberty National Life Insurance Company

• Updated: Thu, June 12, 2014

• Reported By: Pats — Lawrenceville Georgia
Liberty National Life Insurance Company
100 Concourse Parkway, Suite 350 Hoover, Alabama USA

Liberty National Life Insurance Company Will not pay on Life Ins policy my mother bought for me when I was a child Hoover Alabama

My Mother purchased a life insurance policy for me in 1956. It was pucharsed through a company called New South Life Insurance Company in SC. After she passed away, I reasearched New South Life and found that they were purchased by Protective Insurance, then Liberty National. This information came from the Insurance Commissioners office in SC.  I contacted the company on June 6, 2013 and faxed copies of the original policy. I have since contacted them on June 21st, July 3rd, July 26th, July 31st, October 1st, October 10th and October 30th. I have faxed copies to 5 different people and wrote letters and sent copies. I have sent the letters as certified and have confirmation notices.  I have been told that it was being research 4 times, in legal twice. I have been told that it was paid out which I requested proof only to be told that it was not paid out.  I have been given one story after another. This is a legal document and my understanding is that if an Insurance company is purchased by another insurance company they are responsible for the policies. My next step is to file a complaint with the insurance commissioner's office. My mother raised 3 children by herself and money was very tight. She always put her children first and it is beyond my understanding how a company can ignore their fudiciary responsiblities. My recommendation is to not buy insurance policies for your small children, invest in something else.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/30/2013 11:23 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Liberty-National-Life-Insurance-Company/Hoover-Alabama-35244/Liberty-National-Life-Insurance-Company-Will-not-pay-on-Life-Ins-policy-my-mother-bought-1095727. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Liberty National Life Insurance Company