Complaint Review: Liberty National Life Insurance

• Updated: Wed, December 31, 2008

• Reported By:North Georgia Georgia
Liberty National Life Insurance
Birmingham, Alabama United States of America

Liberty National Life Insurance Company REVIEW: Customer Satisfaction Commitment. Liberty National Life Insurance Company has been offering affordable life and supplemental health insurance through in-home and workplace sales. Providing local, one-on-one service to customers since 1900. While automation is the way of the today's world, it won't replace our individual attention to Liberty National policyholders.
*UPDATE: Recognized by Ripoff Report Corporate Advocacy Program as a safe business service Liberty National Life Insurance Company pledges to always resolve any issues, feel safe, confident & secure when doing business with Liberty National Life Insurance Company.

*UPDATE Employee: rebuttal

Ripoff Report REVIEW:

EDitors UPDATE: Positive rating and recognition has been given to Liberty National Life Insurance Company for its commitment to excellence in customer service.

Ripoff Reports discussions with Liberty National Life Insurance Company has uncovered an ongoing commitment by the company to total client satisfaction. This means that clients can expect that the company will work towards finding a mutually satisfactory resolution to any complaints or concerns. Liberty National Life Insurance Company listens carefully to client concerns and sees them as an opportunity to learn from past mistakes and become more efficient as a company in the services offered and the support for those services.

Liberty National Life Insurance Company has been in the insurance business since 1900. We offer affordable life and supplemental health insurance through in-home and workplace sales. Providing local, one-on-one service to our customers is something we've done from the beginning. While automation is the way of the today's world, it won't replace our individual attention to Liberty National policyholders. Insurance can make the difference in a family keeping their home, a child going to college, or having enough money to pay bills each month if a family breadwinner dies. Liberty National Life Insurance Company is passionate about helping hardworking Americans protect their families. We look forward to helping you protect yours.

Liberty National Life Insurance Company, headquartered in Birmingham, Alabama, has been meeting the insurance coverage needs of families for over 100 years, dating back to 1900. Liberty National is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Torchmark Corporation. Torchmark is an S&P 500 company traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TMK.

Liberty National Life Insurance Company also offers an excellent career for motivated individuals looking to earn what they are worth. Earning potential is unlimited! With just seven to eight sales per week, agents have the potential to earn from $50,000 up to $75,000+ in the first year with valuable tools like laptop presentation at your fingertips. Liberty National believes in personal, dedicated service for insurance needs. We are committed to providing agents with full support, quality training and competitive compensation. Joining Liberty Nationals sales team could open the door to an outstanding income and a whole new lifestyle. Liberty National Life Insurance Company has immediate needs to fill several positions. We are looking for both entry level and senior level applicants.

In summary, Ripoff Report is convinced that Liberty National Life Insurance Company is committed to quality delivery of services resulting in total client satisfaction.

Read more about why consumers should feel confident when doing business with a member of Rip-off Report's Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation & Customer Satisfaction Program. Yes, its a long name for a program that does a lot for both consumers and businesses alike.

Read about Rip-off Report Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation & Customer Satisfaction Program,.. A program that benefits the consumer, assures them of complete satisfaction and confidence when doing business with a member business. this program works.

SPECIAL NOTE ABOUT THE ONE REPORT THAT WAS FILED ABOUT Liberty National Life Insurance:

Liberty National Life Insurance Company recognizes that complaints posted on Ripoff Report (whether true or not) are issues that need to be addressed, not ignored. One company executive agreed that, if handled correctly, complaints can be valuable learning opportunities. With the feedback generated by Ripoff Reports Review of Liberty National Life Insurance Company has made organizational changes allowing its clients, employees and agents a more streamlined approach to problem resolution and a commitment to a great client experience.

As a Part of the Corporate Advocacy Program the member business allows Ripoff Report to send an email to all of those who filed a complaint in the past, letting the customer know, the member business wanted to make things right with them, .. whatever it takes to do so. Ripoff Report always monitors these emails to insure the member business does what they agreed to. The people at Liberty National Life Insurance Company did just that.

=====================
NOW TO THE ORIGINAL REPORT THAT WAS FILED
=====================

Liberty National Life Insurance When GREAT companies go bad.... Birmingham Alabama

I loved Liberty National. I went from rookie to District Manager in 3 years. I was successful. Now, by my choice,...I'm gone.

LNL used to be a great company. They had been in business for 100 years and had the luxury of ethical, experienced, respected, senior management. Under the administration of such people as Tony McWhorter, Jack Kelley, and Hillary Carnley (to name a few), the company was well respected. Agents could become managers, managers could become district managers, and district managers could become RVP's. All this while utilizing one basic principal..."the only success in management is through the development of other people." This thought process all changed when Andy King took over leadership.

No more respect for senior leadership. If you weren't a "yes man" for Andy, guess what? You're now retired or fired.

No more hiring quality individuals with staying power.

No more truth in hiring practices.

What Andy and his buddies have done to LNL is shameful. But at least they all have made TONS of $$$$$.(sarcasm)

I started as an agent, finished near top 10 first year. Then became Sales Manager, finished number 1 in company. Then onto Unit Manager in which I finished in top 15. Andy King came aboard...I jumped ship.

Here's why...

I actually rec'd an email for the el Presidente' himself which said,"hire the masses, put'em in classes, and kick their asses." Andy wanted us to do seminar type recruiting in which we were to illustrate the "income potential" to potential new hires. Andy's intended presentation was completely unreal and misleading. I would not participate.

I would, however, like to thank the "old Liberty National" for giving me an education on how to write strong business, take care of customers, and hire/train successful agents. I made alot of money with the Old LNL and travelled quite a bit. However, the Old LNL is know gone. DO NOT fall for their crap! Look around at the quality of people in those offices, ask about their turnover rate, ask to privately interview the last 10 agents that got hired, ask random agents to see their paystubs. This will reveal the truth. Then you decide.

There are great opportunities for true sales people and managers in the insurance field. If you're currently at LNL, keep looking, there's life after Liberty National. If you're successful, it is because of YOU! Not anyone else. You can do it anywhere. Simply prospect, know your products, and do what's right for your customer at all cost. This is how I was taught.

When Great companies go wrong....
North Georgia, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/30/2008 02:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Liberty-National-Life-Insurance/Birmingham-Alabama/Liberty-National-Life-Insurance-Company-REVIEW-Customer-Satisfaction-Commitment-Liberty-406310. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Liberty National Life Insurance

rebuttal

AUTHOR: Chris In Tennessee - (U.S.A.)

This is going to be short and sweet. I can understand where you come from when you speak badly of our President and Executive Staff, but I absolutely do not agree with you. The truth is this. I'm not going to name names here, but #1BM and #2BM have been doing this for a long time.....decades at that. They've evolved with this company and they're still #1 and #2. What this sounds like to me is you've not had that ability to change and to understand what positive things change can bring.

I've been with Liberty for about two and a half years and I've had a VERY VERY good last two and a half years. I am a manager. I have been an agent, a sales manager, and a branch manager. Those are 3 different contracts that you choose. I increased my earning potential several times over what I had been earning and I owe it to this company. I didn't come into a group interview, I was recruited by a friend. I didn't expect anybody to do anything for me except to show me the sorts of questions to ask to lead into the sale. I'm very happy to be working for this company. My family is very happy that I work for this company. I plan on retiring with this company when I'm old and gray. Also, btw I have 2 degrees and I earn double and triple what my associates earn in my respective fields and I make my own schedule 100%. These negative comments will not affect this company at all long term.

I will say one more thing. I am an intelligent individual who has kept my eyes open for the last two and a half years. I have looked for something better with another company whether it be a Life and Health Company or a Property and Casualty Company and I've not found it. I've looked in large towns, and I've looked in small towns. Noone nor no company will allow you to make "more money faster" as this company will pay.

I'm sorry you're full of negativity but Liberty National and Andy King do come through with everything they promise. 100%!

Best of Luck in your future, Chris in Tennessee!!!!