Complaint Review: Liberty National

• Updated: Tue, April 12, 2011

• Reported By: pistol — United States of America
Liberty National

Liberty National Prymid Scheme , Internet

As I recall in April 2009, I saw an ad in Monster.com about an opening for an insurance sales position.

I went to interview with a Branch Manager.

I recall in the conversation he told me he received my resume (GO FIGURE!) and had Unit Manager Potential written all over (OF COURSE!). Then I asked a series a questions that were never fully answered including the compensation which was never fully understood until our District Manager visited Omaha three weeks later to fully explain the commissions as well as the products.

As we were signing the paperwork, the Branch Manager didn't disclose that Liberty National is a captive agency, every sale is a loan against commissions, and it took 2 months to know which commissions were paid for each type of product.

The recruiting is a "Cattle Call!" Bring your resume and we'll throw it in the trash, you can walk-talk-and-your heart is pumpin, guess what, YOU'RE HIRED! Now, go pay for your insurance license and call me after you failed the exam a couple of times.

When you pass the exam, we're going to have you go through the outdated Sales Genie (OH WOW!) and have you call businesses to see if you can go down on them! (Get Surveys For Section 125!) Then we received recycled leads and were told to give away a "NO COST POLICY". A "no cost" policy is a way to becoming a dishonest and deceptive insurance agent where your really trying to get their bank information and sign the whole family up. The No Cost Policy is truly not a "no cost" policy as its a cost to the family after the 1st year, and it only covers $3,000. (If I'm Correct?)

After signing a few clients up, I realized the premiums were way overpriced for the coverage they were receiving. Just take a Liberty National Policy and shop the coverage on the Internet, we'll find out how competitive they truly are! Insurance is a commodity!

As far as the home office goes, the problems started on day 1 with the disorganization of paperwork and policies being mailed out in a timely manner (Yes, our office was very organized!). I can't recall how many outgoing calls and emails were not returned.

Every Monday Morning Meeting, we were told its a number game, and you need to get 350-124-43-15 and you'll make SIX FIGURES! The meetings were a waste of time and the agents were given "false promises."

The truth of the matter is only very few entrepreneurs/salespeople make a living in insurance, financial planning, auto sales, mortgages, and etc.

If you're going to start a career with Liberty National, make sure you think long and hard about the logical not emotional decision.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/12/2011 04:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Liberty-National/internet/Liberty-National-Prymid-Scheme-Internet-716850. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Liberty National