Complaint Review: Liberty Pavers

Liberty Pavers
Internet, Pennsylvania United States of America

Liberty Pavers Steve Clark Hardscaping Con Man! Internet, Pennsylvania

*Author of original report: Liberty Pavers - Steve Clark - Scam

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Honest man NOT con man !

Steve Clark is a con man. Beware of Liberty Pavers and Steve Clark in Pennsylvania. Do not  use him for any type of hardscaping job. He gave us a quote including materials. Big mistake on our part.  We gave him money but he only bought some of the materials. The rest of the money he pocketed and then continued to ask us for more money while not making progress on the job.  When we pressed him to make some progress before giving him more money, he walked away from the job and took all materials with him.  We were out of our money, materials, and the job not finished.   Please don't be conned like us.  Always pay for labor only and buy your own materials.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/09/2012 02:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Liberty-Pavers/Internet-Pennsylvania-/Liberty-Pavers-Steve-Clark-Hardscaping-Con-Man-Internet-Pennsylvania-909041. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Liberty Pavers

Liberty Pavers - Steve Clark - Scam

AUTHOR: anonymous - (United States of America)

This is an update posted regarding the company Liberty

Pavers and Steve Clark.   We filed a civil complaint to try to retrieve some of our money that he stole from us when he walked off the job and took the materials.

At that point we found out that they could not deliver the summons because the companys address was invalid (or he dodged the mailman at his house so he wouldnt have to appear).

We know that we will never resolve this for ourselves and have had the steps
completed by a reputable company who had to redo the little bit that he
completed and work around his inferior work which didnt pass inspection by our township.

We will continue to post online so that this man does not con anyone else.   Mr. Clark posted a rebuttal which is a long rambling lie,basically.The basic facts are that he didnt finish the job, and walked away with our materials.   Our
only response is that hopefully our post on various websites for consumers will make people think twice when they look into this company.  There are plenty of legitimate, reputable companies out there, but this is NOT one of them.  He will bid a really low price which might make it enticing.

I can only say that this taught us a strong message about Craigs list, since that is where we found him.  He floods Craigs list with advertisements EVERYDAY for his company which we should have seen as a desperate measure to get business.

Ask yourself, is it worth  taking a chance on Liberty Pavers when you can be sure to get quality work with another company?

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Honest man NOT con man !

AUTHOR: Steve clark - (United States of America)

I am not a con man! I have a great reputation, and I have worked very hard to build my business, and have progresses very honorably throughout many years. I have numerous references that can testify to my quality hardwork, and would absolutely use my services again in the future.

When starting Mr. & Mrs Gee's job I did everything I could to accommodate their budget including giving them a discount. The first check I received upon taking it to the bank was handed back to me due to insufficient funds. After the problem was rectified I went ahead and started the job. I did everything I could do to give them the project they wanted. I purchased numerous colors and style's of bricks to accommodate what it was that they were looking for, and nothing seemed to satisfy them. After a week of working hard I approached them for the contracted payment at 75 % complete to finish the job in which their attitude changed completely. Not only did their attitude change, but they became very combative to the point where Mr. Gee felt it was necessary to come outside and apologize for the comments he had made to me.

Upon being home on Saturday I received a call from Mr. Gee stating that the bricks they selected and I had purchased they no longer wanted, and he felt that it would be necessary for his wife to accompany me to the brick yard and so I agreed.

Monday starting my work day and not being able to move forward I knocked on the door to see when it would be convenient for Mrs. Gee to accompany me to the brick yard, and at that point she stated that she did not want to go. So now stuck between the two of them I called Mr. Gee and I got no response and was stuck not knowing what material to work with and therefore nothing to do. Mrs. Gee then left and so I proceeded to pack up and leave.

Later on that night I gave Mr. Gee a call to see if we could get back on track, and he explained to me that he did not want me back on the jobsite and that he was finished with the project. At this point I did not understand what happen or what the hold up was. I had done everything I could to fix whatever the problem may have been. I did not take any funds with any ulterior motives. I wanted to provide them with quality work in which I was not given the opportunity to do so. I did not profit for this job in any way. The money that was provided was accounted for the labor and materials provided. I also have pictures to show what the job looked like before and after. I have never had a bad review in my whole career.

The following Saturday I contacted Mr. Gee after everything that went on I was willing to complete the project. At that time he stated that he wanted to go no further with the project and we ended our contact.