Complaint Review: Liberty Tax Service

Liberty Tax Service
13589 Navajo Rd Suite 108 Apple Valley, California United States of America

Liberty Tax Service Incompetent Apple Valley, California

*Consumer Suggestion: Ask for a Refund

I went to this business with the intent of having my taxes filed in an accurate, and professional manner. Instead I was told I owed twice as much to the Federal Government, and also paid the state money when I was due a refund. I am left trying to put the pieces of the puzzle back in order so that I can figure out why this happened. I informed another branch to look over what the first guy did, and they were able to get my state refund. I am still out of two hundred dollars that I paid to have the taxes done properly in the first place. I want my money back for the service that was not done properly to begin with, and I want a formal apology from the franchise owner immediately.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/12/2012 08:36 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Liberty-Tax-Service/Apple-Valley-California-92308/Liberty-Tax-Service-Incompetent-Apple-Valley-California-896280. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Liberty Tax Service

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Ask for a Refund

AUTHOR: Mike Hawk - (United States of America)

Greetings. I am sorry to hear that you feel that you had a bad experience using a Liberty Tax Service office.

You have a easy solution, ask for a refund.  One of the documents you should have been given is a copy of the Liberty Guarantees. These are what makes Liberty so much better than the competition. One of the guarantees is that if you are not satisfied for any reason, you will get a full refund. Here is the guarantee copied from the Liberty Tax Service web site:

Satisfaction Guarantee Our offices guarantee every tax return service 100%. If you are not satisfied for any reason, the
office will refund your preparation fees.

Recommend you ask for a refund of the entire amount or maybe the amount in excess of what you feel would have been fair.  If after visiting the store you are still not satisfied then call
the Corporate Headquarters at (800) 790-3863 and file a compliant, they will act very quickly, but try the local office first.  I am sure this will resolve your issue.

Liberty is the third largest tax preparation business in the US and slated to be number one by 2020.   Liberty recently celebrated it's 15th birthday.

I wish you the best of luck and come back to Liberty next year.

Improve each day!