Complaint Review: Liberty Tax Service

• Updated: Mon, March 25, 2013

• Reported By: gouged customer — Centennial Colorado
Liberty Tax Service
Arapahoe Village Shopping Center Centennial, Colorado United States of America

Liberty Tax Service Arapahoe Shopping Center Liberty Tax Service gouges their customers and do not provide an itemized bill Centennial, Colorado

Last year I had a CPA prepare my tax return that included w2's, some 1099's and itemized deductions.  My state/fed return was 250$ total.  This year I went to Liberty Tax service with one less W-2, but the same amount of 1099's and itemized deductions.  My tax return was NOT prepared by a CPA, but by a 'tax preparer' and my bill was 396$$.  Wow!!!  When I called to complain I was told by the office manager that Liberty Tax Service 'offers discounts'.  This is not true!  I was never offered a discount, just presented with an outrageous bill.  I asked for an itemized bill and only received a bill with a one line charge:  Tax Preparation:  396$.  I will never use this service again!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/25/2013 11:18 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Liberty-Tax-Service/Centennial-Colorado-80122/Liberty-Tax-Service-Arapahoe-Shopping-Center-Liberty-Tax-Service-gouges-their-customers-an-1037801. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Liberty Tax Service