My wife and I utilized this company to prepare our 2008 tax returns. We chose them because we had used them before and were pleased with the results.
There were a number of issues we encountered this year. Among them:
1) Liberty lost our W-2s and other tax documents for a period of two to three weeks before eventually locating them. We discovered this when attempting to file our municipal tax returns on our own, only to discover the required documents were not returned with the materials Liberty gave us when we signed our returns.
2) Liberty inaccurately prepared our local school district tax forms. Instead of a refund of $26, we received a bill for $32.
3) Liberty understated our Indiana state refund by over $400. It was only brought to our attention when the state of Indiana did the honest, decent thing, and sent us our corrected return showing our refund was over $900.
4) When we brought the matter of our state return to the local franchise's attention. we were informed that they had suffered a computer virus that had wiped out their computer systems. It took them nearly a week to become functional again.
5) We were only contacted by the local franchise AFTER complaining to the Corporate customer relations department. Even then, the promised 24-48 hour response came FOUR DAYS LATER.
6)Liberty's staff was flippant when they were not being non-responsive. The franchise attempted to satisfy my complaints by offering me gift certificates in lieu of a refund for the faulty services.
This afternoon, I stopped by and received a refund for my state tax return at their office. A lady in the office handed me $20 and told me to sign a slip of paper. She evidently had no interest in trying to regain my business. That's fine, I have no interest in giving her the opportunity.