Complaint Review: Liberty Tax Service

• Submitted: Sat, February 23, 2013
  • Updated: Sat, February 23, 2013

• Reported By: LAME — Louisville Kentucky United States of America
Liberty Tax Service
1716 Corporate Landing Parkway Virginia Beach, Virginia United States of America

Liberty Tax Service Picked up my w2s and took 30miles from the nearest office to new store-brought me nothing but $50 dollars, no papers! Virginia Beach, Virginia

Why is it that nobody ever answers the phone or promises to call me back for weeks and they never do at the Louisville Ky office at 502-267-4555? A preparer picked up my taxes, then brought me back $50 cash in a flash and I have no idea how much I was charged or how much I am getting back and nobody can tell me anything!!! I want my money for my refund, a copy of my taxes if they really even filed it, I want an invoice, and I want any and all fees refunded to me NOW by overnight mail. There is no excuse for this. I should have known better. This is my first year ever filing and this is not proper procedure. I do not even know who my tax preparer really was because the guy who picked up my w2s does not have a PTIN because a friend told me he could not get one as he is a felon and did not file his own taxes for years, yet he works there!!?? Now that I know, I also know I have a right to get a full refund because of the 100percent money back guarantee, and that better include the ERC money which is a bank product that requires your company to give me details and signature paperwork before even sending my taxes to the IRS. I did not even get to review anything!

I am very very upset about the way this store operates and I want someone to call me back right away. So go ahead and put my complaint in, send me a ticket# and have Corporate call me back within 24-48 hours like their policies promise, and call me with favorable results because I want my service fee money back, plus whatever charges I was charged for a refund transfer fee that another friend said could be as high $49.95!!?? Why would I pay over a third of my refund with simple forms to get back what he said was around $450 after fees but they cut his hours so now he does not even know anything to tell me except go up there and get their attention? I deserve answers. If the news people went there, they would get answers for me. Give me a managers number and email or some hope of a contact person who is capable of understanding my frustration. I am a new college student and new filer only 18 years old. Not happy at ALL! Please answer! I should not have to call a hundred places. My email is [redacted] and I expect a response on this page soon. Please help!!! Now when I call this man he says he will only get a small fine for what he did and they cut his hours and he cannot get my papers from them and to keep calling! His name is Erick Cheatham and he use to work for the store a mile from my house. He now says he made this new store #1 by calling the other stores old client list and taking them to the new store so far away but now they cut his hours and nothing he can do!!!???? Help me!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/23/2013 02:46 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Liberty-Tax-Service/Virginia-Beach-Virginia-23454/Liberty-Tax-Service-Picked-up-my-w2s-and-took-30miles-from-the-nearest-office-to-new-stor-1018968. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Liberty Tax Service