Complaint Review: Liberty Tax Service

• Updated: Mon, October 17, 2011

• Reported By: MilitantMom — Drexel Hill Pennsylvania United States of America
Liberty Tax Service
3 North Lansdowne Avenue Internet United States of America

Liberty Tax Service Liberty Tax Stores, Trust Yourself and (((redacted))) Before you trust Liberty Tax Service to do your taxes! Internet

Never, ever trust Liberty Tax Services to do your taxes! I found out last January from an audit conducted by the IRS that my refund for 2009 was incorrect and many mistakes were made on my return! I had to end up making a payment plan to pay the IRS $797.00.  Liberty Taxes made this mistake in calculating my wages incorrectly and did not include other deductions I was entitled to. Last year I used (((competitor's name redacted))) and only made 1 mistake, that I fixed on my own without owing the IRS a dime!

Liberty Tax will make you believe you are getting a Rapid Refund when you are actually getting a loan from a bank.  They charge ridiculous fees too! I read through my paperwork and was charged $299.00 plus an extra $50.00 to have them do my return!  I only paid (((redacted))) $29.95 plus $12.00 for my 2010 return.  Plus my return was audited and throughly checked by the IRS before it was accepted.  Only 1 error was detected and I fixed it without owing a single dime!

This location in Lansdowne used to be open everyday, then I noticed they are now only open on Saturdays from 9AM to 5PM.  When I contacted the tax preparer to question him about his mistakes he totally denied it and told me to take it up with the IRS! Lesson well learned! Don't trust them to do your taxes. Another Fair Warning: If you ask them too many questions the tax preparere will  get upset and will not return your calls!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/17/2011 07:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Liberty-Tax-Service/internet/Liberty-Tax-Service-Liberty-Tax-Stores-Trust-Yourself-and-redacted-Before-you-trust-789955. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Liberty Tax Service