offers

• Updated: Mon, February 11, 2013

• Reported By: shaker girl — shaker hts. Ohio United States of America
Liberty Taxes
16681 chagrin Blvd. shaker, Ohio United States of America

Liberty Taxes none Liberty Taxes will lure you in with a refer a friend gimmick, then change all of what they promised shaker, Ohio

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: We stand behind our promotion

I filed my taxes with liberty tax service and was told that they i could get the refer a friend $50 because i referred my son. They said that i would get the $50 on February 15. Well they quickly changed their story.

I was later told by someone else that i couldn't get it until the end of February. I talked to the branch owner/manager who was very smart mouthed and condescending, While I was on the phone he looked at my return and told me that i didn't qualify for the refer a fried fee.

He said that I could not get the fee because i referred my son, and being my son he didn't have to pay to get his taxes done. I told him what I was told, It didn't matter to him .

I called customer service and filed a complaint and I am waiting to hear back from them. They can have that $50 next year, this is my first and last time using them,  Next year I will go to AARP where it is totally free .

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/05/2013 07:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Liberty-Taxes/shaker-Ohio-44120/Liberty-Taxes-none-Liberty-Taxes-will-lure-you-in-with-a-refer-a-friend-gimmick-then-chan-1009526. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Liberty Taxes

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

We stand behind our promotion

AUTHOR: Rich@Liberty - (United States of America)

I am dismayed at the depiction of our company and the mischaraterization of what actually happened, and appreciate the opportunity to correct the record.  We explained to the customer that the referral program is for new customers who file fully paid returns with us.  At my Liberty offices, we file a customer's dependent tax return for free - it's part of our way of saying thank you.  This customer took us up on this offer and as she said we filed her son's return at no charge to him.  Also as she says, we did tell her that we are not going to pay her $50 because we filed her son's return for free.

I think most people would agree that the person who filed this Ripoff Report is not being reasonable in her demands, and I am unable to convince her that we are not ripping her off but are actually providing a benefit most tax offices would not provide.  I do hope she eventually sees that we have done our best to take care of her and her dependent, and that nobody would expect us to pay someone $50 to file a return for free.

I do leave open an offer that if her son would prefer to pay for his tax return, I will in turn pay his mother the $50 for referring him.

I wish her the best in the future.