Complaint Review: Liberty Wireless, Inphonic

• Submitted: Thu, August 30, 2007
  • Updated: Thu, August 30, 2007

• Reported By:Beloit Wisconsin
Liberty Wireless, Inphonic
9301 Peppercorn Pl Largo, Maryland U.S.A.

Liberty Wireless, Inphonic There was no phone service in my area, would not send me money for phones ordered. Largo Maryland

I was trying to order the phones on the internet, through Quixtar. They wanted like a $400.00 deposit, for each phone. Every time I tried to give them the information it would not go through. I did this like four times and I cancelled all the transactions. So I wrote all the information down/printed it off. I called the Liberty Wireless number. I talked to a guy. I explained to him what happened. He said all the phones had been cancelled, so he started me a new order. I ordered two phones from him. I asked him did they have service in this area and service going to Georgia and in Georgia. He said yes. I received six phones a couple days later.

I went on my trip, but I was having trouble with all the phones keeping a signal in Wisconsin. They worked fine in Georgia. When I got back I called them up and was told by a woman that there was service in the area and that the phones were messed up. She wanted me to send all the phones back and they would send me new phones.

I got in touch with the Better Business Bureau and Quixtar to complain. The Better Business Bureau kept in contact with me when they talked to someone after a couple weeks. I was contacted by Contreica Dawson. She said to send her the phones and I would get all my money back and she said there was not service in my area, that is why there was no signal.

I sent her the phones back in August 12, 2004. She reimbursed me for two phones. Then I did not hear from her for a couple weeks and kept leaving messages. She finally called me back to tell me that they were in the process of moving the office. Then I heard nothing from them again. She would not return my calls any more.

Vannette
Beloit, Wisconsin

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/30/2007 08:02 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Liberty-Wireless-Inphonic/Largo-Maryland-20774/Liberty-Wireless-Inphonic-There-was-no-phone-service-in-my-area-would-not-send-me-money-271288. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Liberty Wireless, Inphonic