Complaint Review: Liberty Wireless - inphonic

• Submitted: Mon, January 26, 2004
  • Updated: Mon, January 26, 2004

• Reported By:Fort Collins Colorado
Liberty Wireless - inphonic
www.calling-plans.com/liberty-wireless.html Largo, Maryland U.S.A.

Liberty Wireless/inphonic.com ripoff! They delivered phones that had no service and couldn't receive service. Largo Maryland

I was referred to Liberty Wireless from another well known wireless provider because my credit wasn't good enough to give them my business. After receiving the phone, I had to send it back the very next week because it wasn't receiving a signal, and I was going to be sent a new phone in return. There wasn't even a return label in the package it came in, but it clearly stated in the literature that comes with the phone, that there was.

After a couple weeks, I still hadn't received a new phone, but Liberty Wireless continued to take money from my checking account for the phone I had already sent back. When I called to inquire about this, they had no idea that they were suppose to send me a new phone.

I received the new phone shortly there after, and even though I was finally receiving a signal, they had reassigned my esn(?) number to somebody else. Now it was going to take at least 48 hrs to be reassigned another number. I told them I was cancelling my service, and they threatened to charge me an early termination fee, after everything they had already put me through.

I threatened in return to contact an attorney and take them to small claims court and they very quickly agreed to waive the early termination fee. I got invloved with their company in November, and as of yet, I still haven't received a refund, which they keep telling me I will get in 7-10 business days.

Fort Collins, Colorado

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/26/2004 11:21 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Liberty-Wireless-inphonic/Largo-Maryland/Liberty-Wirelessinphoniccom-ripoff-They-delivered-phones-that-had-no-service-and-couldn-78128. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Liberty Wireless - inphonic