Complaint Review: Liberty Wireless

• Submitted: Wed, April 07, 2004
  • Updated: Fri, August 27, 2004

• Reported By:South Gate California
Liberty Wireless
1010 Wisconsin Ave NW Suite 600 Washington, Maryland U.S.A.

Liberty Wireless ripoff fraudulent "money back" or "return policy", fraudulent service libertywireless.com Largo Maryland Washington DC

*Author of original report: Rip-off Report

I was ordered a cellular phone from Liberty Wireless, they had an offer on the website: $30.00 + $5.95 SH for the phone, 200 minutes and the activation, but when I placed my order, the company took from my bank account $104.95.

When I received the phone was already charged with 158 minutes, the ENS number on the phone was different than the ESN on the invoice and the phone who I was received was not programmed.

After several calls to Liberty Wireless, somebody from C.S. (They do not provide names) helped me to program my phone and after that, the phone finally can make and received calls. I use the phone for less than 30 minutes and when I checked on the website, my service was charged with 178 minutes.

Then I call to suspend the service, request a investigation and sent the phone back asking for a refund. That never happen. Now Liberty Wireless don't want to give my money back even when I have a lot of emails from their Customer Service who agree about the problem with my minutes, the proof for the innacurate ESN number and the first invoice for $35.95 instead of $104.95.

I'm tired to try to deal with that fraudulent company, I'm very interested to make a lawsuit against them.

Ricardo
South Gate, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/07/2004 11:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Liberty-Wireless/Washington-Maryland-20007/Liberty-Wireless-ripoff-fraudulent-money-back-or-return-policy-fraudulent-service-li-87025. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Liberty Wireless

AUTHOR: Harriet - (U.S.A.)

I'm mad because I have return their product but haven't recieved my 106.83 that they charged on my card without my permission because it was to be free thru T- Mobile and my return have been gone long enough to be credit back to my card and you right no one can give you a straight answer everthing is derictly to e-mail only because the phone is only to activated your phone.

I don't know if I can go thru T-Moble to ask for help because they are the one that send me to liberty wireless for service in the first place. Because they should be held countable to and knowing they put there trust in someone they would do the right thing for customer service. ALL this happen the last week of July and now its going to be 09-01-2004. My mistaked is sending back my phone back without getting credit first.